News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ad Management Mod V2.3 Released

Started by jerm, January 12, 2007, 12:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

Quote from: cslepage on January 12, 2007, 10:00:56 PM
Well, this rots.  I just uninstalled the 2.0 version of the mod, and my board won't come up at all.

I got the same thing on one of my forums but you should get error messages. I'm not a coder so can't help much but if I was you I would post your problem under general support and see if people can help.

itsagoodthing

Quote from: jerm on January 13, 2007, 12:55:56 AM
Quote from: cslepage on January 12, 2007, 10:00:56 PM
Well, this rots.  I just uninstalled the 2.0 version of the mod, and my board won't come up at all.
You might need to replace your files if thats the case. guess the uninstall didn't go so well. sorry.

Replace what files?
Mine did the same thing.

itsagoodthing

All I have is a the background of my forum.
I replaced these files

Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
2.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test successful
3.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/index.template.php   Test successful
4.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php   Test successful
5.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test successful
6.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php   Test successful
7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php

and it's still not working...
Please help!

Lucien

Quote from: itsagoodthing on January 15, 2007, 01:39:06 PM
All I have is a the background of my forum.
I replaced these files

Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
2.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test successful
3.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/index.template.php   Test successful
4.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php   Test successful
5.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test successful
6.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php   Test successful
7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php

and it's still not working...
Please help!

Happend to me as well, dont forget to remove the ads when uninstalling!! Think that's the problem..

This works for me... Upload the LoadAds.php to your Sources dir from the download files.

Good Luck  :)

Lucien

First i want to say i love this mod!! So much hard work...Really it works great with the default theme..

But i'm going really nuts over here..
Oke my english is good, but not so good.. i have read ALL the pages in the thread about the mod on smf, and i still can't seem to understand how to edit the files manually of the Helios Tp theme.

I'm sorry, this question has been asked so many times, i know but i need help on this one..

And something went wrong with uninstallig the older mod, when i add a Ad with the manager i get 3 instances of the same ad on the same spot...

btw, i really suck at codes... sry..

itsagoodthing

How do I get the files for the theme I have?

I only see helios_multi11final theme in the paid subscription area.
I have the Musiconica theme and would like you to edit the files for that.
Happy to pay you the $5.00 to do so.

sorry.... I tried to send you a PM but it's not working.

Thanks

jerm

If the uninstall doesn't work, you will probably have to replace the files. Theres nothing i can do about that, its a problem with SMF.
The files you need to replace would be
Display.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
index.template.php

Basically whatever the uninstaller failes on, you need to replace the files.

If you are getting adds multiple times per page, that means that the edits exist too many times. Look in the theme board to see what edits are done, so that you can take out the repeating ones..

I can do a script for Musiconica theme, however you will have to give me some time. School is starting to pick up now, and i have a back log of work to do. Sorry.

Lión

spanish tanslation of the mod (ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3)

Traducción del mod (ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3) al español. Manual y descarga

Lión

itsagoodthing

Quote from: jerm on January 16, 2007, 07:48:26 PM
I can do a script for Musiconica theme, however you will have to give me some time. School is starting to pick up now, and i have a back log of work to do. Sorry.

That would be great... I'm hoping to post this forum in a week or so.

whyhavetoregister

Here is a finnish translation for 2.3 version.

http://futisforum2.org/ *file removed*

I can't send a personal message to jerm because verification is not working. I tried Fx2, Opera9 and IE7 without luck.

Please take that file and attach it here so I can delete it from my site.

jerm

Quote from: whyhavetoregister on January 18, 2007, 03:20:22 PM
Here is a finnish translation for 2.3 version.

http://futisforum2.org/Ads.finnish.zip

I can't send a personal message to jerm because verification is not working. I tried Fx2, Opera9 and IE7 without luck.

Please take that file and attach it here so I can delete it from my site.

Thanks. Got it.

Quote from: Lión on January 17, 2007, 09:52:43 AM
spanish tanslation of the mod (ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3)

Please don't put my ad mod on your site. I prefer only having it download able from simplemachines.org site. It contains copyright code as well.

sasawawa

Hi, jerm admin, :'(
I downloaded ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3.zip ,my forum using SMF 1.1.

But i don't know what should i do next steps, sorry to bother you , i know little about PHP  , just run my small forum.

Could you spend  your precious minutes point out to me  how should do i next steps?

Many thanks. 

sasawawa

Thanks, Jerm, installed successfully.

dsanchez

Quote from: jerm on January 12, 2007, 02:09:00 PM
I had no idea if people would be willing to pay for the custom edits mod so i've only created one at the moment. It will only install on the Helious Multicolor theme at the moment. If this is something you are interseted in purchasing, let me know the other themes you want me to create other addon mods for.
At the moment, its 5$ per custom theme. I could however change that and make a bundle to purchase more than one.

Hello Jerm

I am interested in having the modifications in my custom theme for the US$5. I really had many trouble to do it so, and really have not time right now to go through all the modifications.

Please let me know how I can send you the money as my country is not listed in the paypal list. I think I could send you by bidpay.com

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address, as is IMPOSSIBLE to write you any PM "write the code of the image" it says, but there is not image code when I want to send u a PM!

Thanks

David.