Version 3.5 has been released. Visit to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu

Adsense ads not showing

Started by UbinTook, December 22, 2020, 06:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


running SMF 2.0.17 and SMF Ads 3.5d on two sites, i have issues with each.

ad-sense account is not new, these ads have been active for years though the SMF sites were not updated and i recently did a major overhaul to clean them up , reinstalled all mods after a large upgrade package was installed.
Everything is working except the ads>

I have double checked ad sense, everything is good to go "READY" and but i recopied the updated (https://) ad-sense code into the mod.

Type    HTML
Help Display ads on every page right below the menu is check marked, everything else is blank or unchecked.

under "settings:
Disable ads for admins       unchecked
Disable Reports               unchecked
Disable all ads               unchecked
Ads within posts look like actual posts    checked

Site   "A" ZERO ads appear
Site   "B" the ads appears on the main page most of the time, never anywhere else.

i have checked form multiple devices, multiple browsers( including incognito tabs) and different WiFi and data connections, always the same.

what could be the issue?


Instead of adsense code put some text in the box and see if it appears.
If it appears then it is something with the adsense code. You need to grab new code from adsense
Like what I do please support me on


alright , going to give that a try.
So i tried <p>Some text</p> literally on two different forums using the same mods>
One(not the one in question) shows the ad with
"Some text" right below it in all spots as expected.

The site in question shows no ad, just "some text"
Now, that said i just got notification that there si a policy exception and that there is restricted demand on:
the site in

BUT when i log into ad sense, it doesn't "find" the site.
i think i am going to delete the site form ad sense and re enter it.
I wonder if this has anything to do with running repair_settings.p hp and correcting some suggested paths to https://
There is something bunged up with this site, i have another post about that...