News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Disable ads for specific member groups

Started by tuler, January 24, 2009, 12:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuler

I know this was requested a while back, but I don't see it as part of 2.3.  Any chance we can get this in the next release?  What type of donation would you need to do this?

tuler

Apparently you can do this in Admin>Permissions.  Why didn't anyone tell me I'm an idiot?   :idiot:

haiwasnm

I have the impression that have a options display for admin and guest.

navjotjsingh

Can somebody explain how it works. No matter what setting I choose in permission ads keep enabled unless I check Disable ads for admins from global settings - which disable ads not only for admin but for everybody else too.

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: navjotjsingh on December 16, 2009, 03:07:06 AM
Can somebody explain how it works. No matter what setting I choose in permission ads keep enabled unless I check Disable ads for admins from global settings - which disable ads not only for admin but for everybody else too.

I believe when you are signed in as admin yourself you will always see the ads no matter what settings you have selected other then "Disable ads for admins, from global settings.

So if you disable ads for regular members then you will have to sign in as a regular member to see the changes, no ads.

Maybe you already know that, but thought I would throw it out there.
ApplianceJunk.com
Your Appliance Repair Experts

navjotjsingh