News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Bug in SMF Ads

Started by riversen, August 30, 2008, 06:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riversen

FYI this mod registers 2 hits every time a tower left or tower right ad is displayed. I've tried to contact admin about this a month ago but he hasn't replied so thought I would let you all know, if you actually use the hit counter. Hopefully this will be solved in future releases.

bigguy

I'm sure he is aware of it and is trying to correct the situation. Thanks for reporting this though. He will probably try to reproduce the error before it gets fixed. I do know though he is a busy man. :)

badbo

This may be a bug. I turned on the ads for visitors and regular members today and it showed 10 more people on-line just by turning the adds on. Well no one was there but me. Adds one more on-line each time i refresh the browser.
Bo

update When it got to 14 guest each time I refreshed the screen it lost a guest until it stopped at 8.

riversen

Quote from: badbo on September 06, 2008, 02:35:19 AM
This may be a bug. I turned on the ads for visitors and regular members today and it showed 10 more people on-line just by turning the adds on. Well no one was there but me. Adds one more on-line each time i refresh the browser.
Bo

update When it got to 14 guest each time I refreshed the screen it lost a guest until it stopped at 8.

Maybe there actually were guests on the site?

What I'm talking is that everytime a vertical add is displayed it will count to hits. One on the ad itself and one on any other vertical add... possibly the same one. The bug I discovered has nothing to do with the things you mention and haven't experienced it myself.

badbo

Quote from: riversen on September 06, 2008, 10:41:39 AM
Quote from: badbo on September 06, 2008, 02:35:19 AM
Bo

Maybe there actually were guests on the site?

What I'm talking is that everytime a vertical add is displayed it will count to hits. One on the ad itself and one on any other vertical add... possibly the same one. The bug I discovered has nothing to do with the things you mention and haven't experienced it myself.
No guest were on I checked the logs. I see what you mean now each time a page is refreshed and the add shows it adds a hit count but it is of no importance to me. The mod do just what I want it to do.
Bo