Main Menu
Coinbase

Ad Management Mod V2.3 Released

Started by jerm, January 12, 2007, 12:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsagoodthing

Quote from: itsagoodthing on January 17, 2007, 10:30:05 AM
Quote from: jerm on January 16, 2007, 07:48:26 PM
I can do a script for Musiconica theme, however you will have to give me some time. School is starting to pick up now, and i have a back log of work to do. Sorry.

That would be great... I'm hoping to post this forum in a week or so.

Any word on this?

hunter

I to would like to have it added for the Theme Gold-Gray SMF 1.1.1 by Inbetwee.

Let me know how to pay.

Coaxus

Quote from: itsagoodthing on February 09, 2007, 11:41:23 AM
Quote from: itsagoodthing on January 17, 2007, 10:30:05 AM
I can do a script for Musiconica theme, however you will have to give me some time. School is starting to pick up now, and i have a back log of work to do. Sorry.

That would be great... I'm hoping to post this forum in a week or so.

Any word on this?

To have one for Musiconica would be fantastic. I hope you have a chance to do this soon. :)

tuler

I'll pay to have one done for the Classic Theme on 1.1.2.  Just let me know what I need to do.

bigguy

If you guys can post the 4 template files needed I will see what I can do to get theme modified. I am slightly busy right now so there might be a small wait. I will get to them as soon as I can though.

cassie

QuoteIf the uninstall doesn't work, you will probably have to replace the files. Theres nothing i can do about that, its a problem with SMF.
The files you need to replace would be
Display.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
index.template.php

I currently have version 2.0 installed. When I try to uninstall it so I can upgrade to 2.3, I get "test failed" errors on index.php and Display.template.php.

So, I assume from the quote above that I can go ahead and uninstall despite these errors, but will have to reinstall the complete files of index.php & display.template.php from SMF 1.1.2 -- Is that correct?  Basically start over with the original version of these files, then install version 2.3 of SMF ads?

Thanks for this mod. It works great!

bigguy

Only replace the files that it fails on. If any other mods effect those files they will also have to be redone.

cassie

Thank you! I have a couple other mods running and I'm not willing to risk messing them up so I guess I'll just stay with the version I have. Not a biggie.

rmg

If the uninstall doesn't work, you will probably have to replace the files. Theres nothing i can do about that, its a problem with SMF.
The files you need to replace would be
Display.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
index.template.php

Basically whatever the uninstaller failes on, you need to replace the files.

If you are getting adds multiple times per page, that means that the edits exist too many times. Look in the theme board to see what edits are done, so that you can take out the repeating ones..

do we need to uninstall it first before we replaced those files that you mentioned?
also, on which folder should I look for the files that you mentioned? on the root of my smf or on the theme that I'm using?

I'm not a programmer, please excuse my ignorance..  :-[

bigguy

Yes uninstall first then replace the files. If you have done no manual editing then those 4 files are found in the Themes/default folder.

Muhammad Asad

Hello! i tried to display ads below the menu on every page. it works for registered members but not for guests. can it be done so?

ITA003

Did you have set permissions "enable ads" for guest in user in permission group section?

Jinny

I'm already install Ad Management Mod but it's appear this message as below.
Please let me know what should I do?

Table 'dj48_data.smf_ads' doesn't exist
File: /www/icspace.net/d/j/4/dj48/htdocs/board/Sources/LoadAds.php
Line: 33

Matt J

hey, I'd be willing to pay the $5 for the mod to work on the Babylon theme, thanks!