News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Big problem... Help

Started by moon22, April 20, 2007, 01:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moon22

Hello... After installing the mod and manually install it I still can't find the option for the ad...
Any help please...  :'(

smithy

You may not have installed it correctly. Make sure all codes are in the correct place eg: Before, After and replace. Then make sure Ads.php + LoadAds.php are in the sources directory. The Ads.template.php in your Themes directory and Ads.english.php in your themes language dirctory.

smithy

bigguy

moon22

I have checked it already... but nothing happens...  :'(

bigguy

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall. ???

koolday

i am also having the same problem.... Please help me....
www.koolday.com/forums

moon22

Yahh... I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall it again...

bigguy

Are you using the default theme. ???

smithy

Guys as bigguy says Are using default or a custom theme? I myself installed it manualy but you need to make sure that you edit your custom themes files and not the default. To give you an idea of what i mean. Check this out.

<file name="$themedir/index.template.php">

<operation>
<search position="before"><body>';</search>

<add>

//Display ads on the top of the page
if (function_exists("show_topofpageAds"))
{
$ads = show_topofpageAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset($ads);
}
</add>

Where it says themedir/index.template.php This should be the index.template.php of the theme your using.

Also another small problem i encounted is when i searched this <body>'; on my theme.index.php. It didnt find out because the theme am using only had <body> without the ; so i just added it.

smithy

bigguy

This is why an editor with a search function and that can use php to dbug is important. Also knowing where to put the cide is a big plus, lol. ;) I use php designer for an editor and love it.

smithy

Hello,
I dont realy know php or sql that well. I learn much from the smf forum eg:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=167201.0

And just play around with things till i get right. The good thing about installing mods manualy is that you can correct and fix mistakes instantly. For instace. Every time i ad, before and replace i allways refresh the page so if i get a parse error then i know where the problem is then i just undo what i edited and start again. I have heard somany uses make a mess of there forum when installing certain mods from the package manager its unreal. I would advise anybody to learn how to install mods manualy because i personaly fell its the safest way to do so.

smithy