News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Quite Important Adsense Feature for TOS

Started by daisukey, July 06, 2007, 10:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daisukey

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=180988.msg1152454#msg1152454

QuoteOkay, is there a mod which allows us to avoid ads to be shown in certain pages like register.php private.php? I believe showing google ads on these pages is against their TOS.

Or is there an alternative way to avoid this by simply modifying the template? I'm not a coder so any help is appreciated.

cheers.

bigguy

Answered on simple machines and quoted here:

QuoteIf you are worried about it and you are using the ad mod then just don't post google ads at the top, bottom, under the menu or in the welcome user area of the forum. There are still loads of other places to put your google ads. :)

daisukey

hey thanks.

but is it possible not to display the ads in certain pages by using a conditional statement? like
if this is register.php page then do NOT display the following code.

Just an idea to make this mod better.  :)

bigguy

I think it is possible and I will submit this thread to Jerm and see what he can come up with. :)

jerm

Ya, its pretty easy actually. Do you know any basic coding?

Look into LoadAds.php in your sources directory(assuming you have already installed the mod)

//For security reasons, we don't want to display ads if the action is "admin" or "admod"
if(isset($_REQUEST['action']) && ($_REQUEST['action'] == 'admod' || $_REQUEST['action'] == 'admin'))
return ;

As you can see, ads can't be displayed if the action=admod . You can follow the same idea for any other action there is. Good?

Cookiemonster

jerm

Adll you need to do is add this to the end
|| $_REQUEST['action'] == 'register'