Coinbase

Author Topic: Ads show up twice  (Read 6124 times)

Offline thinker

Ads show up twice
« on: July 01, 2007, 07:02:54 pm »
Everytime I post an ad, it shows up twice both in the "Edit Ad section" and on my website http://www.mitraz.com/forum/index.php. I found several posts on this same issue but could not locate an answer. Please help. Thanks.

Offline thinker

Re: Ads show up twice
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 10:53:29 pm »
Just realized-in addition to my earlier problem, ads only shows up under admin login and not guest or a regular subscriber!!!

Offline ITA003

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 04:12:18 am »
Do you have Enable the permission in:

Admin -> Permission -> group - Enable ads?

Where group are the group you want show the ads!

Offline thinker

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:50:31 am »
Thanks. This solves the second problem. But I am down to 1. It enters the same add twice side by side on it's own and when remove any one of them bothof them are removed at the same time. I tried different ways. I am not clicking twice. Ads are showing up twice.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 01:45:38 pm by thinker »

Offline ITA003

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 12:15:11 am »
Look for duplicated code in
index.template.php (in your theme directory)

Offline thinker

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 07:26:23 pm »
Thanks ITA003. I tried removing the duplicates but it's breaking my forum. So I gave up. This mod requires a bug fix. Have you tried this mod in your forum. What's your forum?

Offline MarcBkk

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 07:46:24 pm »
Hi Thinker. I was just about to post something on this same problem and the I saw your post just today on the subject already. I clicked on your link and the ads do not seem to be repeating so it seems you got the problem solved?

Anyway, I got the same problem with ads duplicating, but I don't have a permissions problem like you did. I am running it on a test board here where you can see the add also duplicating:

http://www.photographythailand.com/Forum/index.php?board=31.0

I am not sure how the theme would have gotten duplicate code embedded like ITA003 suggested, when we are both using the default SMF theme and not a 3rd party theme.

If you have managed to get it sorted out, then I would appreciate hearing how you did it.

Many thanks.

Marc
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 07:51:43 pm by MarcBkk »

Offline bigguy

• Support
  • Elite Member
    • SMF Helper
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 08:24:16 am »
There are duplicate ad codes in your template files and/or in the index.php file in the ROOT of your SMF install.

Offline MarcBkk

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 08:33:42 am »
Thanks. Can you tell me what the search code in the root index.php file might look like so I can search and remove it? My guess it is not in the tempalte file since it seems to occur with all templates in fact.

Offline bigguy

• Support
  • Elite Member
    • SMF Helper
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 08:39:35 am »
Look at the "Theme support" board at the stickies. It has all the edits in it you need. :)

Offline MarcBkk

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 08:56:56 am »
Thanks. I checked the index.php file against the 3 bits of code you said in the sticky needs to be added, which was all there already, but I did not find any duplicate code I could remove   :'(

SMF Ads Support Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 08:56:56 am »