News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Question On Displaying JPG or GIF Banners?

Started by MarcBkk, June 09, 2007, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguy

So there is obviously duplicate code in one of these 4 files:

MessageIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
index.template.php

MarcBkk

Thanks. Will check the other files for dulicate code as well. What a process this is turning out to be  :'(

I started going through the code edits in that thread you gave me. I made it through the index.php and subs.php files and made the indicated changes. In some cases the code you said to ad was there, but it appeared after the code and so I moved it to the before position as indictaed. Is this what I should be doing on those instances where the code to be added appears after the code it should be positioned before?

Once I got to the index.template.php file I hit a snag unfortunately. I could not find the <body>'; code.

Anyway, seems like I still got a long way to go to make all the code edits  :o

bigguy

All you should have to edit is the template files. If for some reason you can't find a part of the code like the:

<body>';

Try searching for:

<body>'

or

<body>

Or body

It will be in there somewhere.

MarcBkk

Thank you. When you say template files do you mean the files in the Theme directory of the theme I am using?

bigguy

any template files will be like this:

name.template.php

they will be in your custom theme folder in your themes directory.

MarcBkk

Thank you again BigGuy. Unfortunately I am still having trouble finding some of the code references that the template post said to edit including the Body code in the index.template.php file because if you just search for the word body in the file there are many references and hard to know where to add them. I am attaching the 4 php files and I have made the changes I was able to and the others are blank where I was not able to find the referenced code to be edited. When you have an extra quiet moment could you kindly look through the attached files and point me to the code lines in each file I need to edit. many thanks. I think hopefully this should get it all working.

MarcBkk

Well, the changes I was able to make to those 4 files seem to have had some positive result. Some progress has been made and ads are at least showing on the forum's main page:

http://www.photographythailand.com/Forum/index.php

Unfortunately they still don't come up on any of the other forum pages so I guess those other missing code edits still need to be added.

bigguy

Not all of the code has to go in. Every bit of the code is another place where the ads can show. I learned awhile ago that the ad mod will work with only part of the template coding. This is why it is working now. When I get a minute I will check it out.

MarcBkk

Thanks BigGuy, it is working now on the main page so that is a good thing already as I said. Would be nice though to be able to get ads to display in other pages and sections of the forum becuase, as you know, sometimes people may go directly to threads within the pages of a forum when searching for specific keywords in a search engine.