Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Un install advice

Started by glennk, June 14, 2007, 07:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk

Hi Guys,

I would like to un install ad management so that I can go for a clean install.

When I first installed the mod I got duplicates of every ad. So if I posted 1 ad on the index page I got 2.

Someone on smf forums suggested I go through the code and remove everywhere I found duplicate code related to the ad mod. I did this and now I get no adds show up at all.

I have tried to unstill but get the following error.

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
8.    Delete File    ./Sources/Ads.php    
9.    Delete File    ./Sources/LoadAds.php    
10.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/Ads.template.php    
11.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php    

Could someone please advise on what I should do.

Kindest regards - Glenn

glennk

Ok.

Sorry about that. All working except I get 2 ads when I put an add after the last post and when I place an add at the top of the list of topics in each board.

Can someone tell me what code to remove and where to find it please. I am using default template.

bigguy

The code will be in one of the 4 template files that is mentioned in the stickie in the Theme Support board. If it shows up twice this does mean there is duplicate code somewhere. It could also be in the index.php file in the ROOT of your SMF install.

glennk

Can you give me the names of the templates so I know what I am looking for please. If you could tell me a rough idea of where within the file the ad code is that would be useful too.

Cheers - Glenn  8)

bigguy

Look to the Theme Support board at the stickies for the place the code goes into the file:

MessageIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
index.template.php

glennk