Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Not showing up after install

Started by Joe90, June 07, 2007, 02:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe90

Got to be something I have done.
I have installed it on one forum no problem worked fine.

Just installed it on a new installed forum, no mods. English Language.

Installed the one file via the package manager all looks good but the mod is not showing as it should in the Admin menu, but it has made room for the wording, but its just blank. Looked in permissions and the tick box is there to show ads to the member groups but again no words. Frustrating to say the least as I have installed it on another forum and know how it looks and works.

Can you help please 

ITA003

Do you have set the permission for Ads? (look at This Topic)...

If you don't use the default theme you must cheange your theme to use Ads Mod... (Look at This board)

bigguy

Joe90

No still not solved it.
Even tried to install a new forum to test it on that and get the same results looks to have installed OK but the link text is missing in the admin panel but there is clearly a space been made for it and if I go to

Admin -> Permissions -> Guests group (Click on Modify) -> the check box is there and I can select it but there are no words against it.

Strange one this

Joe90

Any ideas?

Could it conflict with the other forum with it working, they are in diferent directories but on the same server. Sure its somthing I have done wrong as it worked perfect last time I put it on.

Heres what I did

1 Installed a new forum via host upload, can't do that wrong and the forum looks fine

2 Added a few test Catorgories and threads so I could see how the ads will look when I test a few new ones out

3 Downloaded the one zip file   ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3   just one zipped file, is that correct?

4 Used the package manager to upload the file from my computer

5 Then installed it

Shows these files as installed

install.xml (12375 bytes)
LoadAds.php (8939 bytes)
package-info.xml (1075 bytes)
readme.txt (1759 bytes)
Ads.php (11778 bytes)
Ads.english.php (11679 bytes)
Ads.template.php (25316 bytes)
install.php (2370 bytes)

Beats me

Joe90

Whoops missed that the error log says

Unable to load the 'Ads.english-utf8' language file.

bigguy

Iether change your language back to regular english or change the Ads.english-utf8.php to Ads.english.php and reupload it.

Joe90

Quote from: bigguy on June 13, 2007, 07:26:33 AM
Iether change your language back to regular english or change the Ads.english-utf8.php to Ads.english.php and reupload it.

How do I do that, change your language back to regular english that is.

Don't understand how it got changed to english-utf8, unless my host has changed the default installation settings, as I said I installed a brand new forum to test the ads on and it would not work.

Anyway looks like you have sorted it just need to know how to change it back. Thanks Bigguy

bigguy

Go into Core configuration of Server settings and see if you can change the language there.