News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

SoftMC Blue (willing to pay $2 - $3)

Started by syst3m, May 31, 2007, 11:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syst3m

i've tried to add the ad mod to the SoftMC Blue theme, but i couldnt find some of the bits of code that i was suppose to find. could some1 else modify the them?

syst3m

forgot to add theme files...

bigguy

Ok, try these, ONE AT A TIME. Rename the old ones and upload these. I am not sure if the Display.template.php file will actually work but it had no errors while debuging. If these are satisfactory you can make a donation at my site here:

DONATE :)

syst3m

ty bigguy. im gonna try right now.

edit: the posts dont show at all... and "Display ads on every page right below the menu" messed up.

bigguy

Ok, try each file by itself. One at a time so we know exactly what file is messing up. THen I can try to fix it. :)

syst3m

sorry for replying so late... i was busy with exams.

the following ar causing problems:
Display.template.php
index.template.php

Display.template.php  makes it impossible to view posts, and index.template.php screws up the menu and squeezes the boards together.

btw i have all the ad options ticked.

edit: "Display ads on every page right below the menu" screws up menu

2nd edit: "Display ads in the welcome user area" works the way "Display ads on every page right below the menu" should. could u make it display under the news instead?

bigguy

Try this for Display.template.php file:

bigguy

I am going to need a clean copy of index.template.php. Have you altered the code in these two files ??? It does NOT look like what I put in. ???

syst3m

i have not altered anything, the files i uploaded were all unedited files

syst3m

its better than be4, but theres still a problem viewing the posts.
i can now see the posts, but the last post and the ad are under the copyright stuff.
heres a pic of the problem, http://qsave.psychohits.com/files/2/aoW%20Forum/SoftMC-AdMod1.PNG.

i also just realized that the date of each post in the thread isnts there anymore.

bigguy

Ok, well That is just to wierd. Never seen that before. :) Ok, well I will try again tomorrow (Today, when I wake up) and see if I can do better. I am not sure why that happened, it shouldn't have.

syst3m

thank u bigguy for all ur help, i cant wait for the new file.

bigguy

For some reason I can't get this theme, but I have done it before. I am sure it's just me forgetting to do something so I will try again. :)

syst3m

i really hope u can figure out wats wrong and fix it, cuz i really like this theme.

bigguy

Try this for Display.template. Not all the edits are in it.

Journeyman

Thanks, the menu is a bit messed up with the index.template.php if you get this working I will be willing to donate a few bucks your way

syst3m

it fixed the problem from b4, but 1 of the edits thats not in it is the 1 i use, Display ads after the last post.

bigguy

Ok, when I get to my main computer I will work on the index.template.php, probably today but no promises. :)

syst3m

any updates on the theme?

bigguy

Try this for the index.template.php. Just rename it. (No "welcome ads" code in this)

allinvain

hi bigguy..any updates on the template? I noticed that once in a while the index my forum (running your template) loads with just a blank page..it works if I refresh it...any ideas what's going on?

3o5

sorry for the big bump, but im having the same problem and i wasnt sure if i should make a new thread if theres one for this paticular theme, did anyone end up resolving this problem?

Thanks,
3o5

cyberkaju

please fix this guys then we all can use any1 one helping