News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Bigguy, can you help with Sporticus?

Started by caazone, May 22, 2007, 03:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caazone

Hi,

I've got a fresh install of SMF 1.1.2 and have SMFads v2.3 installed and running properly under the default template.  I'd like to use Rocketthemes's Sporticus SMF theme with the ads, but as you know, their theme files are quite different than the others out there.

Can you help me?  I can upload any files you would need to edit.

Thanks,
Chris

bigguy

Have you tried this yourself first. ??? All the edits that need to be done are stickied to the Theme Support board. Install the mod and do the edits to the template files listed. If all the template files are not there that are listed, just do the ones sthat are there.

caazone

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried once so far, and things didn't seem to match up at all. I'll give it another swing tonight sometime for good measure. To start you mention looking for index.php. In the Sporticus index.php, there's only like 4 lines of code, none of them matching what you say to look for. There's a couple other issues like that.

caazone

Ok, so I've done the edits to the best of my abilities, and copied the neccesary files over.

Now, I'm getting this error:

Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

Any ideas?

bigguy

The index.php file I am referring to is in the ROOT of your SMF install. The one you are referring to is just a redirect to the one in the root. As for the parse error, what was the last file you edited. ???

Quote from: caazone on May 22, 2007, 05:48:20 PM
Thanks for the reply.  I've tried once so far, and things didn't seem to match up at all. I'll give it another swing tonight sometime for good measure. To start you mention looking for index.php. In the Sporticus index.php, there's only like 4 lines of code, none of them matching what you say to look for. There's a couple other issues like that.

caazone

Thanks, Bigguy. Your general overview helped me.

However, I'm still getting parsing errors when I edit the four template files, no matter what I try.  I'm attaching the files, in case you or anyone else wants to look at them and help.

These files are without any edits for smfads, and currently work on my install.

bigguy

caazone

I did at one point, but not currently. Is that the cause of my particular problem?  Should I start with a fresh install, get SMFads running on it, and then as a last step do the joomla bridge?

Is there no way to move forward with this current set of files?

Thanks for your help.

-Chris

bigguy

I noticed alot of Joomla code in the index.template.php file and it was really hard to find the edits. Yes I think this is the reason as to why SMF Ads mod won't install. You can try a fresh copy or if you have no mods installed upload and overwrite the original files in the Themes Directory.

caazone

The mod is installed, no problem. The only problem I'm having is with getting the Sporticus Theme to work with it.

I suppose I'll see what else I can do, maybe switch to another themethat already has edits done for now.