News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

My Ad Mod created duple ad

Started by sasawawa, April 18, 2007, 12:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasawawa

Yesterday my hosting has problem, i lost my data, have to reinstall Ad Mod. But after that when i add a new ad, i got two same ad in my Ad Management Zone.

For example:

Edit Ads
Name                               Modify
Rotating Banner             Modify
Flexible ad                 Modify
160X600 skyscraper ad    Modify
Rotating Banner             Modify
Flexible ad                       Modify
160X600 skyscraper ad     Modify

You can see every ad shows two ,in fact, i only add once.

And more, display ads on the bottom of the page and within posts is fine, works well, but when i chose that "display ads on every page as a tower on the left side "option, i got two same ads( see my screenshot) ,when i chose" Display ads on every page as a tower on the right side" , Ad Mod works fine.

Strange, :'(

Any one can point out what's wrong ?

Thanks a bunch.

Regards

sasawawa

Btw, my forum  is  using SMF 1.1.2 version, Ad Mod  v2.3  :'(

bigguy

The edits have been done twice. Look in the 4 template files for duplicate code from the ad mod and remove it from them and possibly from the index.php file.

sasawawa

Quote from: bigguy on April 26, 2007, 10:17:04 AM
The edits have been done twice. Look in the 4 template files for duplicate code from the ad mod and remove it from them and possibly from the index.php file.
Thanks,Admin
:'(

I didn't find dupicate code of the ad mod directory ,just uploaded the ad mod files once again, covered the old files, still doesn't work, this is the index.php file content:

<?php

// This file is here solely to protect your Packages directory.

// Look for Settings.php....
if (file_exists(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/Settings.php'))
{
// Found it!
require(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/Settings.php');
header('Location: ' $boardurl);
}
// Can't find it... just forget it.
else
exit;

?>

Moreover, after i added ads( ad mod still created duple ad ) ,only admin can see the ad, the ad is not available for members  :(
Could you help me fix out the problem?

bigguy

You need to look in the index.php file in the ROOT of your SMF for duplicate code not in the index.php of the theme you use. Set permissions for each membergroup so they can see the ads.

rmg

Quote from: bigguy on May 13, 2007, 11:34:09 AM
You need to look in the index.php file in the ROOT of your SMF for duplicate code not in the index.php of the theme you use. Set permissions for each membergroup so they can see the ads.

I am not a programmer... So when I checked the index.php on the ROOT of my smf, I got shocked lol the codes are screwed up. I mean, the coding, it was everywhere, no space etc..

do you have any idea where can we locate the "duplicate code" of ad mod?

I will very appreciate your help :)

EDIT : I already edited the index.php file, and was able to removed those duplicate ads..
I used to have this doubled on my Ad management Option :
Name    Modify
Adsense1    Modify

And as you can see, I was able to delete the other one, but when I tried to put the ads displayed on the index, I still see double  :-\

Help...

bigguy

This means that there is duplicate code in the template files. Look for it in the 4 template files mentioned in the stickie in the Theme Support board.

momsandtots

Here are my 4 files. Thank you Bigguy for helping me with this.

bigguy

@ momsandtots: Sorry for the wait. I looked at all your files and the only one that had duplicate code was the index.php file. I have removed it now and if you re-upload it it should work properly. :)