News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Uninstallation: broke something!

Started by Cold Shot, April 13, 2007, 02:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Shot

Please be gentle, I am not a PHP guru and my SMF has been working perfectly for so long that I have forgotten a lot of stuff.

Here's what's happened:

I wanted to install the latest version of SMF Ads so that I can make ads between posts not appear as posts themselves, so I went to uninstall this mod (ver 2.0) on my test board. When I clicked on the uninstall link in the packages area it took me to a screen showing me that all the tests to modify certain files had been passed and that it would delete about 5 files (IIRC). I then clicked on the link to proceed with uninstallation.

Now I get this when trying to access the test forum:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: show_topofpageads() in /home/nikongea/public_html/smftest/Sources/Load.php(1702) : eval()'d code on line 136

I took a look at Load.php and I don't see that function anywhere in that file, least of all on line 136.

Obviously something has gone awry with the files but I don't know how to get back to a working SMF installation again.  :'(

Can you help or do I need to whack myself on the head a few more times?  :-\

bigguy

Make sure LoadAds.php file is in the Sources directory. OR that all the edits are taken out of the index.php file.