ashhad

i have installed ur ad mgmt mod
i want to put my ad on my forum
the add ad askes for the ad code
i want to put text ad or image add
what i sholud put in the content
please help

jerm

you should put the ad code given to you by your advertising company.

skilldeveloper

I have the same question.

I'd like to do place my own ads or website links to advertisers without having to use adsense or bidvertiser, etc.

I read elsewhere on this forum that the spaces for ads can be manipulated to contain whatever we'd like. 

Not sure what kind of code you mean to get from advertisers.  A code that leads to an image, a website, etc.?

I'm a little - no, alot - inept when it comes to coding, so if you could expand on your explanation in this regard, I would be grateful!

Thanks.

PS   I love my forum and kudos to all who designed it.  Recently found the simple coding solution for replacing my standard SMF banner with one of my own, and I'm hoping placing ads will turn out to be just as simple.

If you'd like to check it out, go here:  http://tcmoosehockey.com/GMHLFORUM/

skilldeveloper

Moving up!

Here's a simple question.  Understanding that I'm not looking to use Adsense or Yahoo, etc., if someone approached me to advertise on their website, what code would I give them?  I would have no idea.

I would appreciate it if someone could provide a sample of the entire code that I might use to place in the content section that will allow banner or image ads.  If they link directly to the company's I sell space to, great.  If not, that's fine too.

I've had some advice to this point, but not sufficient to get this going for me.  I have tried different codes for images I've uploaded to my files, I've tried PHP and HTML codes that seem to be in line with what folks are saying, but I can't get anything to appear on my site at all.  Even if my coding is off, shouldn't I get ad spaces appear with an 'X' in them where the image should be, or is this not the way it works.  Nothing is appearing at all despite the various code attempts.

Also, I noticed my permissions for my individual files most often are set at 666, but the image and templates for the most part are 777 or 755.  This have anything to do with it.

Thanks in advance.