News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Multiple Adverts?

Started by ukwebsadmin, April 09, 2007, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukwebsadmin

I'm sure this has been asked before (if it has I apologise). I'm a new user and trying to get things sorted on my forum www.ddd.ukwebs.me.uk/forum. I installed smfads 2.3 fine and eventually figured out how to get adverts to display ok.
I can only get one advert at a time to show though - I would like to be able to display 2 (or more) adverts side by side - is this possible? if so, how?
I'm a little confused - the adverts (currently 7) don't rotate in any particular order and seem to be sometimes shown more than once in a rotation of ads. Is there a way to control both the order in which the adverrts are displayed and also to govern how frequently they get shown in a rotation?
Also, I'm having a few problems with getting some advert codes (supplied by one of the affiliate type companies) to display. Is there a guide to checking the supplied coding? HTML codes are fairly easy to work with thanks to one of the HTML guide sites.
Sorry this is a longish set of questions......

bigguy

Putting the ad code in a table might display them side by side. No, currently there is no way of controlling the frequency or the order they appear, Nice idea though. I have not seen a guide anywhere no.

ukwebsadmin

Quote from: bigguy on April 09, 2007, 10:30:23 PM
Putting the ad code in a table might display them side by side. No, currently there is no way of controlling the frequency or the order they appear, Nice idea though. I have not seen a guide anywhere no.
Thanks for this - I'll try putting a couple of ad codes together and see what happens  :)