superboysahil

Hi all
I have installed tha ad mode V 2.3
but there is no Ad Management category under congiguration tab

Help req.

My smf version
SMF 1.1.2

bigguy

Make sure the edits are done to the index.php in the ROOT of your SMF install.

tmarvelous

I have the same problem.  A space has been made under configuration for the Ad Management link but the link is not there.

babjusi

superboysahil, tmarvelous, check the default language at server settings in your admin panel. If it set to some other language, but english, then switch it to english. Note: plain english, not english utf8

DmK

Indeed, utf-8 breaks it all.

However, I do need to have English-UTF-8 as the default language on my website, to make non-English languages look natural. And I can't avoid this. Is there any possibility to use this mod under utf-8 environment? Or at least - will it become compatible to utf-8?

babjusi

Quote from: DmK on August 12, 2007, 11:33:46 PM

However, I do need to have English-UTF-8 as the default language on my website, to make non-English languages look natural. And I can't avoid this. Is there any possibility to use this mod under utf-8 environment? Or at least - will it become compatible to utf-8?

To use this mod with utf8-english, try this. Go to /Themes/default/languages, make a copy of the Ads.english.php file, then rename it to Ads.english-utf8.php. Hope this helps

DmK

Gaz

Quote from: babjusi on August 13, 2007, 06:50:33 PM
Quote from: DmK on August 12, 2007, 11:33:46 PM

To use this mod with utf8-english, try this. Go to /Themes/default/languages, make a copy of the Ads.english.php file, then rename it to Ads.english-utf8.php. Hope this helps

Babjusi - you are a superstar - that "fix" should be posted in the mod page at SMF and in the help files - I bet it'll save many people having to buy a wig after tearing their hair out  ;)

gamer

1st post Thanks for this thread people. I had the same problem as a lot of tehrs here, but just had to change the forum language to english in the admin panel.  (admin > configuration > server settings > then change the default forum language to english) . Thank you for a great program.