Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

SMFox Theme (Pixelslot) - Please help

Started by Peter_M, March 10, 2007, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter_M

Hello,

i need help with installing ad management mod on SMFox Theme + SMF 1.1.2 (the theme works perfect with SMF 1.1.2, although SMF 1.1 RC2 is indicated). On default theme everything is perfect, but on SMFox nothing is shown.

Can you help me, i love this wonderfull mod (and unfortunately the theme too).

Greets from germany
Peter_M

bigguy

Install the ad mod if you haven't already and then do the edits manually to the 4 template files of the theme you are using. The edits are stickied to the top of the Theme Support board for your convenience.

Peter_M

Thanks, bigguy, i´ll try it tomorrow and post the result.

Greets
Peter_M

Peter_M

Hello,

my results are very bad.  :-\ I did the modifications as described, but it doesn´t work (my SMF screen turned into white with some error message). Probably i did the modifications wrong or at the wrong place (i think, some places were not as described and my php knowledge is very bad). If you can spare a minute, please can you take a look at my files (i send the originals)?

Peter_M

bigguy

I will try to get at these today if I have time. :)

Peter_M

This would be great.  :)

Greets from Hamburg

Peter_M

bigguy

Due to site problems I am unable to get these files at this time. I will try again as soon as I let Jerm know of this problem.

Peter_M

Quote from: bigguy on March 14, 2007, 03:30:27 PM
Due to site problems I am unable to get these files at this time. I will try again as soon as I let Jerm know of this problem.

Hi bigguy,

has anything changed in the meantime? can you help me?

greets
Peter_M

bigguy

I am sorry for the long wait. I have had a hard drive failure as well. I will try to get to these today.

Peter_M

Okay, no problem for me, hope, your problems wil be solved very soon ...

thanks & greets
Peter_M

bigguy

Almost back up and runnin, Sorry for the wait.

Peter_M

? I don´t understand. May i expect something?

Peter

Peter_M

:-\ No "help" needed anymore. Something is going wrong here. To say, you will help and to do it are different things. Or is it for money? If you would say: "i do it only for money" or "i can´t help you" it would be okay. But to say, you will help and then there is nothing but words, is not okay.

Peter_M

bigguy

Well, as you may have read a couple posts up that I had my computer fail on me, more specifically my hard drive. Which means I lost all my data. I asked you to wait and I would have helped you. If you are going  to have that attitude then maybe you can wait a little while longer. There is nothing I can do for you if I have no computer right.

Peter_M

OK, Sorry, bigguy, for my wrongfull words. I was very eager and that didn´t help you and didn´t help me.  :(

But the good news is, that i decided to change the template to default one (i make some optical changes), and that it works absolutely fine with your mod. I also use Jerms hack to turn off the hits-counter in results (which certainly counts the add impressions, not the clicks), because i use openads to manage my adds and the clicks on it. It all works fine now.  :)

So thank you for your brilliant work. And Sorry once again!

Best regards
Peter_M

bigguy

That's ok. I was in a bit of a bad mod cause of computer failing. Glad you got it to work.

~Alex

Hm.

Hey Bigguy! ;D I was actually coming here to look for help on this theme and the Ad Mod - same versions too!

I had no clue you helped out on this site either (must keep you busy). :)

Well, as the OP had issues, so do I. I can see the settings in the Admin panel for everything on the theme itself, but as other Mods, it only displays on the default theme.

Think you can help me out with the changes required? I've tried it myself a few times now and I only get parse error after parse error. I don't think the manual directions given, are specific/exact to this theme.

bigguy

~Alex, if you upload the 4 template files I will give it a shot and see if I can edit them.

~Alex

Ok.  :)

Attached are my current 4 files.

bigguy

Ok, try these. ONE AT A TIME so if there are errors we know what file to look at. Rename the originals and then upload these:

~Alex

One at a time and WOW! I have no clue what you did, or how you did it.

...But it works!!

THANK YOU! YOU ROCK!!

bigguy

Your more than welcome, sorry for the wait. :) Was there any other mods installed on that and was it for tp or just SMF ???

~Alex

I'm all about TP brother and the wait was worth it!  8)

I've got a few mods that no longer work...

Users Online Today Mod, SMFShop, Topic Ratings, MySpace Field & Religion Tabs...

bigguy

Were they all installed to this theme. I was going to zip it up and let other ppl use these files but I can't if there are other  mods installed to them.

~Alex

All the MODs I have installed were installed to the Default theme. It's getting them to work with this theme that I'm still trying to straighten out.

Most seem to work fine if I simply create a link to the URL that's created once you install them (like you can see on my home page), however, some, like the ones I mentioned though, don't display as they're suppose to.

There shouldn't be any other MOD code on the files I attached, except for what you just did for me.  :)

bigguy

Ok, thank you very much. If you get yourself a good editor it is much much easier. :)

~Alex

No sir, thank YOU very much!

...you'll have to explain the editor thing to me some time. ;)

zk0

Hi,

I use this forum theme and I also need help with getting the mod to work.

I'll add the 4 files I currently have.

Hopefully you can help me! :)

Quote from: Peter_M on March 10, 2007, 11:56:14 AM
Hello,

i need help with installing ad management mod on SMFox Theme + SMF 1.1.2 (the theme works perfect with SMF 1.1.2, although SMF 1.1 RC2 is indicated). On default theme everything is perfect, but on SMFox nothing is shown.

Can you help me, i love this wonderfull mod (and unfortunately the theme too).

Greets from germany
Peter_M

zk0

Quote from: bigguy on June 26, 2007, 08:14:53 PM
The ones in this post should work:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=649.msg4359#msg4359
Yeah well I tested them before. Didn't work.

When I replaced that index file it made my forum go nuts. No white screens or errors. It just messed up my design.  :'(

bigguy

Did all the rest work ok, you could use the others if they do and then we only have one file to edit.

zk0

Quote from: bigguy on June 27, 2007, 07:43:03 AM
Did all the rest work ok, you could use the others if they do and then we only have one file to edit.
I tried to edit that one myself but it didn't work. Maybe you can try?  :)

I'll attach the index file here.

bigguy

bump this topic today if you see this. (for a reminder)

zk0

Quote from: bigguy on June 27, 2007, 12:06:06 PM
bump this topic today if you see this. (for a reminder)
bumpelibump!  ;D

ITA003

I Try to modified the index.tempalte.php but I can debug it... :P please make a backup of your file and try this. :)

bigguy

I debugged it and there are no errors. ;) Still backup before trying. :)

sinaevil

Hi
excuse me for my some posts. finally i found exact location for this post.
i wanna use smf ads on my smfox theme. i try edit this but which one of the code that in the forum did now work correctly.
finally i test this 4 file in this topic
http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=649.msg4359#msg4359
Ok, try these. ONE AT A TIME so if there are errors we know what file to look at. Rename the originals and then upload these:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BoardIndex.template.php (22.22 KB - downloaded 10 times.)
Display.template.php (59.29 KB - downloaded 10 times.)
index.template.php (37.91 KB - downloaded 10 times.)
MessageIndex.template.php (25.16 KB - downloaded 12 times.)

this file work for me but some problem and it is i use right to left theme and some right to left code is in my theme.
how do i can edit my file like this 4 file.
also i attach my file if you can edit for me.
Thank You for your help. i need this mod very very much.
again thanks for your help

bigguy

I do not think I would know how to do this if the code is going right to left.

chaozz

I've installed these files on my smFox template and it works. Although, not really. It now shows a google ad on the top of the page, but I havent even started adding ads yet. And, if you disable the adds by checking that checkbox, it still shows that ad. Now what?

--edit
Ok, it had the google add hardcoded in there.. I guess it was a mod for someone?
Well, I don't know what do to next. I've taken out the google ad part, and now would like to use the normal procedure to add a google ad via administration. Will that still work??

Anyway, after installing the mod the administration screen takes ages to load. Is that a known bug?

g-c