Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

SMFox Theme (Pixelslot) - Please help

Started by Peter_M, March 10, 2007, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter_M

Hello,

i need help with installing ad management mod on SMFox Theme + SMF 1.1.2 (the theme works perfect with SMF 1.1.2, although SMF 1.1 RC2 is indicated). On default theme everything is perfect, but on SMFox nothing is shown.

Can you help me, i love this wonderfull mod (and unfortunately the theme too).

Greets from germany
Peter_M

bigguy

Install the ad mod if you haven't already and then do the edits manually to the 4 template files of the theme you are using. The edits are stickied to the top of the Theme Support board for your convenience.

Peter_M

Thanks, bigguy, i´ll try it tomorrow and post the result.

Greets
Peter_M

Peter_M

Hello,

my results are very bad.  :-\ I did the modifications as described, but it doesn´t work (my SMF screen turned into white with some error message). Probably i did the modifications wrong or at the wrong place (i think, some places were not as described and my php knowledge is very bad). If you can spare a minute, please can you take a look at my files (i send the originals)?

Peter_M

bigguy

I will try to get at these today if I have time. :)

Peter_M

This would be great.  :)

Greets from Hamburg

Peter_M

bigguy

Due to site problems I am unable to get these files at this time. I will try again as soon as I let Jerm know of this problem.

Peter_M

Quote from: bigguy on March 14, 2007, 03:30:27 PM
Due to site problems I am unable to get these files at this time. I will try again as soon as I let Jerm know of this problem.

Hi bigguy,

has anything changed in the meantime? can you help me?

greets
Peter_M

bigguy

I am sorry for the long wait. I have had a hard drive failure as well. I will try to get to these today.

Peter_M

Okay, no problem for me, hope, your problems wil be solved very soon ...

thanks & greets
Peter_M

bigguy

Almost back up and runnin, Sorry for the wait.

Peter_M

? I don´t understand. May i expect something?

Peter

Peter_M

:-\ No "help" needed anymore. Something is going wrong here. To say, you will help and to do it are different things. Or is it for money? If you would say: "i do it only for money" or "i can´t help you" it would be okay. But to say, you will help and then there is nothing but words, is not okay.

Peter_M

bigguy

Well, as you may have read a couple posts up that I had my computer fail on me, more specifically my hard drive. Which means I lost all my data. I asked you to wait and I would have helped you. If you are going  to have that attitude then maybe you can wait a little while longer. There is nothing I can do for you if I have no computer right.

Peter_M

OK, Sorry, bigguy, for my wrongfull words. I was very eager and that didn´t help you and didn´t help me.  :(

But the good news is, that i decided to change the template to default one (i make some optical changes), and that it works absolutely fine with your mod. I also use Jerms hack to turn off the hits-counter in results (which certainly counts the add impressions, not the clicks), because i use openads to manage my adds and the clicks on it. It all works fine now.  :)

So thank you for your brilliant work. And Sorry once again!

Best regards
Peter_M