News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

ad mod for saf?

Started by goldberg, March 08, 2007, 03:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgroove

was there any luck with this one? Im still trying off & on too but nothing outside onl displaying if logged in as admin.

bigguy

bigguy

Try these out, BACKUP FIRST

goldberg

hey Bigguy,
that works  :) thanks so much your a legend  8)

bigguy

cgroove

just grabbed them & workin great too.. goin to scan through & see where I made my mistakes :S

thanks for the help & hard work!!!

K maybe I spoke too soon. I only see the ads if I am logged in as Admin. If I create a new user no ad appears...
Could I be missing something?

*k new update.. I AM AN IDIOT. I had it working before too.. problem was me being a putz & not "Enable Ads" in the member permissions... urgh.
Thanks again for your help bigguy.. wow I feel dumb lol

bryan

cgroove, no worries, I was putzing it up too.  Thankfully you came back and did an update between the time I first read your post and when I started hacking around in the code : )

thanks for the files bigguy

merosler

Hi Biguy,

I tried downloading your files above and so far so good, but for some reason my right tower ad on the right is not lining up correctly (you can see it on http://www.went2networks.com/smf).  It also is not working on my board/display/message index pages.

If you have a moment, would you mind helping me solve this problem?  I appreciate your time!

In the event that you can, I have attached the relevant files below. 

thanks,
Matt

merosler

Hi again Bigguy,

So i played with the files mentioned in this thread above and managed to get some of the pages to work, but for some reason my right tower ad on the right of the message/post page here doesn't appear.. (http://went2networks.com/smf/index.php?topic=5.0). 

Not sure which file to modify...I think it may be the display.template.php, but i haven't had luck with that one.

If you have a moment, would you mind helping me solve this problem?  I appreciate your time!

In the event that you can, I have attached the relevant (I think) file below. 

thanks,
Matt

bigguy

There is no tower ad code in that file. If you follow the edits you can probably put it in. It should have been there and I am not sure why it isn't.

Jacque

Hello!

I had errors with ads breaking the page in the index.template in the top and bottom of page positions.
Played around with the code and I think this works below.

One question though, I can't get the ads to center??  Any help would be appreciated!

Was causing errors the Ad Mod code was placed after:
', theme_copyright();

and I think it should be as below...

Find in index.template.php:
        <td class="footer">

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center" width="100%">

Add to the end of above line:
      ';

if (function_exists("show_towerrightAds") && function_exists("show_towerleftAds") && function_exists("show_bottomAds"))
{
$ads = show_towerrightAds();
if(!empty($ads))
echo '</td><td  valign="top">', $ads['type']==0 ? $ads['content'] : eval($ads['content']) ,'</td></tr></table>';

unset($ads);
//Close table for towerleft ads
$ads = show_towerleftAds();
if(!empty($ads))
echo '</td></tr></table>';
unset($ads);

//Show ads on the bottom of the page
$ads = show_bottomAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else