News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

nothing under "Configuration" menu

Started by sunethj, February 07, 2007, 03:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunethj

I downloaded SMF 1.1.1 today and tried to install Ad Management mod.

First I tried manual method by downloading and installing ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3.zip. It did not give any errors and even the installation successful message is displayed. But I didn't see any new additional menus in the admin menu bar.

After that I totally deleted SMF (including database) and tried using internal browsing feature of SMF and when try to download I get "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF." error.

So what can I do to install this in version 1.1.1

Thanks in advance.

jerm

So, now you can't install it at all?

Please make sure you are using the default theme, and that your language is set to english.

sunethj

Thanks for the reply.

Yes my theme is set to default (it the one you get after a fresh installation right?) and the language is also set to English (again it comes after a fresh installation).

So what are the other areas i can go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

jerm

Try re-downloading the mod and uploading it to the package manager again.

sunethj

after going through the error logs i found that there are permission problems and after making all those folders chmod to 777 i was able to install the ads mod.

My question are :

1. Will this create any security problems?

2. Can someone please provide a list of all file I have to change permission manually in order to install this mod. (for some reason in the system i use the ftp permission setting does not work.)

Thanks.

bigguy

1.) No it shouldnt create any security problems.

2.) Look in the theme support board at the stickies for a list of files the ad mod edits.