News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Errors installing

Started by porsch, July 03, 2006, 12:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porsch

I have just installed SMF 1.07 and want to add the Ad Management Package. I've download the zip file and uploaded the package. When I go to install the mod I get the following error message:

2: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10007 is not allowed to access /var/www/vhosts/abitofchatter.com/httpdocs/forum/Packages/temp owned by uid 48
File: /var/www/vhosts/abitofchatter.com/httpdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

Is there a manual way of installing the package?

bigguy

Look in the install.xml file for all the edits so you can do it manually.

porsch

I think the first problem I need to solve is to get the files on my server. All I've got right now is a zip file sitting in my Packages folder. What files and where should be on my host so that I can try the mods. Sorry if I am sounding dumb but I'm still trying to figure my way around on how SMF works.

bigguy

Open the install.xml file on your desktop and it will have all the edits in it. There shuldn`t be any files to upload at all I dont think.

bigguy

First edit should be made to the file ModSettings.php in the sources directory:

Find:

Quote* A check box.  Either one or zero. (boolean)

and replace with:

Quote* A textarea. For multilineal textual values.
   ie. array('textarea', 'nameInModSettingsAndSQL', array('OptionalHeightInRows',
         'OptionalWidthInCols'), &$txt['OptionalDescriptionOfTheOption'],
         'OptionalReferenceToHelpAdmin'),

* A check box.  Either one or zero. (boolean)

In the same file find:

Quote<td class="windowbg2"><label for="' . $config_var[1] . '">' . (isset($config_var[3]) ? $config_var[3] : $txt[$config_id]) . '</label></td>
                     <td class="windowbg2" width="50%">';

And replace with:

Quote<![CDATA[<td class="windowbg2" valign="top"><label for="' . $config_var[1] . '">' . (isset($config_var[3]) ? $config_var[3] : $txt[$config_id]) . '</label></td>
                     <td class="windowbg2" valign="top" width="50%">';

In same file find:

Quote// If it's a password...

Add before:

Quote<![CDATA[// If it's a textarea.
      elseif ($config_type == 'textarea')
         $context['raw_data'] .= '<textarea id="' . $config_id . '" name="' . $config_id . '"' . (isset($config_var[2][0]) ? ' rows="' . $config_var[2][0] . '"' : '') . (isset($config_var[2][1]) ? ' cols="' . $config_var[2][1] . '"' : '') . ' style="font-family: monospace;">' . htmlspecialchars($modSettings[$config_id]) . '</textarea>';

In same file find:

Quote// Text and passwords!

Before that add:

Quote// Textarea.
      elseif ($var[0] == 'textarea')
         $setArray[$var[1]] = $_POST[$var[1]];

In same file find:

Quote);

return $config_vars;

After that add:

Quotearray('heading', &$txt['js_ads_title']),
         // Display the ads??
         array('check', 'js_text_displayads_index'),
         array('check', 'js_text_displayads_botindex'),
         array('check', 'js_text_displayads_board_index'),
         array('check', 'js_text_displayads_display'),
         array('check', 'js_text_displayads_message_index'),
         array('check', 'js_text_displayads_firstpost'),
         array('textarea', 'js_text_content',array('10','50'), &$txt['js_text_disc'],'js_text_help'),
      ]]

These are edits for 1 file in  ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b for smf 1.0.7

porsch

Tried making the mods as you suggested but just created a big mess. Probably because I am using a custom theme and I can't figure out where to put some of the mods. Thanks anyway, will try some other way of incorporating ads.
Henry

bigguy

It would be much easier if you were running smf 1.1rc2 and the latest ad mod. What theme are you trying to install to. ???