Coinbase

No ads are showing up in my Classic YaBB SE Theme. Please help!

Started by BMWebPub, February 11, 2007, 09:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMWebPub

Hello,

This is my first post, and first time using the SMF Forum software. I have been all over this forum reading other posts to find out how to get my ads to show in my Classic YaBB SE Theme template, and even though some related posts seem to explain what needs to be done, I'm one that needs a little more detail or step-by-step approach.

I currently installed the Ad Manager in this theme template, and I'm using the (latest SMF version 1.1.1). I did all the settings, and permissions, and when I checked to see if the ads would be there, none were showing. I did view the (SMF Default template, and it does show one of my ads there, so in my opinion everything was uploaded successfully.

Now I have been reading some posts, that seem to be directing me to the http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?board=7.0 but everytime I go there, it does not give me detailed explanation on what to do, or more explanation on editing for this particular theme.

In my opinion, I'm not in dire need to place ads on this forum, so if no one is willing to give me more detail step-by-step instructions on how to fix this, it would be no big deal, I don't really need ads on this forum.

I have also read some posts on some of the forums using tinyURL's, I'm not clear on this one, but is this another option to display my ads on my forum? Sorry, for the ignorance, but I'm a web publisher, with very little to no tech background. If no one responds to these questions and concerns due to repeat questions on this topic, I understand, however, if you would be so kind to direct me to someone that would be willing to help me, I would appreciate it.

Antac5

I have problem...my SMF version is "SMF 1.1.1"
I have installed trought "Packages" Ad Managment 2.3, and installation was succesful!
In "Configuration" I see "Ad management" but when I put code "google ad sense", my ad isn`t publish! Can u help me?

List files in "ad management"
   1.  install.xml (12375 bytes)
   2. LoadAds.php (8939 bytes)
   3. package-info.xml (1075 bytes)
   4. readme.txt (1759 bytes)
   5. Ads.php (11778 bytes)
   6. Ads.english.php (11679 bytes)
   7. Ads.template.php (25316 bytes)
   8. install.php (2370 bytes)

List files in "Classic YaBB SE Theme (1.1)"
images         
languages       
BoardIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
index.php   
index.template.php   
license.txt   
MessageIndex.template.php   
Post.template.php   
Recent.template.php   
Search.template.php   
style.css   
theme_info.xml

bigguy

@ BMWebPub: The link you posted has all the edits for the ad mod. They are all stickied to the top. Find the version you are using and in that stickie you will find all the edits that need to be done. If you have the ad mod installed already then ONLY the 4 template files need to be edited.

@ Antac5: Read what I said to BMWebPub. Your theme files need to be edited.