Main Menu
Coinbase

Few suggestions

Started by MyFSI, July 02, 2006, 11:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyFSI

First of all, this is a great mod.

Second, here are some suggestions:
- Display Ads only for guests, when they register or login, the ads disappear. (it's in the permissions sorry)
- Ability to add an Ad at the end of all locked topics.
- Ability to add an Ad in stickied posts only or the reverse.

Thank you.

bigguy

You can do the first one in your member permissions. Turn the ad on only for guests.

MyFSI

yes i've just noticed it, thx.

MyFSI

ok another one:
- Enable or disable specific ads only not all.

So for example: a guest will have 2 ads displayed, a member will see only 1 ad and a vip member will see no ads.

Thank you.

bigguy

Thats not a bad idea. We`ll see what Jerm says when he gets here. ;)

jerm

Quote from: MyFSI on July 02, 2006, 11:33:47 AM
First of all, this is a great mod.

Second, here are some suggestions:
- Display Ads only for guests, when they register or login, the ads disappear. (it's in the permissions sorry)
- Ability to add an Ad at the end of all locked topics.
- Ability to add an Ad in stickied posts only or the reverse.

Thank you.

its possible, but can be difficult and could also bloat the mod itself. theres already a lot being done in this mod, and i dont want to slow it down too much, but i'll look into it

Quote from: MyFSI on July 02, 2006, 11:47:51 AM
ok another one:
- Enable or disable specific ads only not all.

So for example: a guest will have 2 ads displayed, a member will see only 1 ad and a vip member will see no ads.

Thank you.
already thought of it, and will be including this in the next version. i just didn't want to include it in this version because i didn't want it to be released weeks later.

MyFSI

that's great, thx a lot..

TC Carl

Hello!

First off, this is an excellent package or modification for my purposes. Where we are not displaying ads, we use this to simply display nice thematic images, especially in the welcome area and immediately above the thread index.

My suggestion/request is very simply: under the "edit ads" tab it would be nice to click on the "content" header to perform an alphabetic sort by title. I've been using alt-F to search for titles, and in alpha order things just look so much better. Especially for us neatness freak :)

Thanks!  Great product here - when we go to sponsorship I'll be supporting you as well.

TC Carl

jerm

Quote from: TC Carl on August 20, 2006, 06:21:44 PM
Hello!

First off, this is an excellent package or modification for my purposes. Where we are not displaying ads, we use this to simply display nice thematic images, especially in the welcome area and immediately above the thread index.

My suggestion/request is very simply: under the "edit ads" tab it would be nice to click on the "content" header to perform an alphabetic sort by title. I've been using alt-F to search for titles, and in alpha order things just look so much better. Especially for us neatness freak :)

Thanks!  Great product here - when we go to sponsorship I'll be supporting you as well.

TC Carl

Already in the blocks.. next big release will have it