Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ads do not show up??? TH: orange-lt

Started by soul.guardian, January 29, 2007, 06:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soul.guardian

Hey,

I have scoured the help and I can't find anything about why my ads do not show up in this theme: 'orange-lt'. Can anyone help me?
Here is my site: http://forum.digimill.net

soul.guardian

I feel like such a noob. I found this: http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22.0
This might work if I was using a index.template.php that included half of what is suggests i fix....

Like: it says search for <body>'; and all I can find is <body id="page_bg"> is this the same thing?

HELP?

Isn't there just an update for this file that will make it work?

I have admod 2.3 installed, I just need to get this to work.

soul.guardian

I REEEAAALLLY need some help with this, Anyone?

bigguy

Yes <body id="page_bg"> is the same thing. Some of the code is changed in other themes. So you really have to do a bit of searching to find the places to put the ads.

soul.guardian

Thanks.

I know some of the themes have already been modified to show ads.
Do you know if anyone has done this for Orange?

I really want the fastest solution for a noob like me. I know if I have to I will trial and error the code to get it to work, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

soul.guardian

Help BigGuy,

Allright so I tried manual edit of the four files out and I kept getting errors.
So here are my four files. Can anyone here help me?

SMF. 1.1.1.  and Orange_it 1.1 theme.

SG

soul.guardian

Hello,

For now I am having to just insert the ads... but I would really love to use this tool you have created with my theme.
$$How much would somebody want to fix this?$$ I will pay money for the fix.

SG

bigguy

Here are all but the index.template.php. Please backup before trying.

bigguy

Can you send me a clean copy of your index.template.php. (without the ad code in it)

soul.guardian

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Here is the clean code.. I think..

soul.guardian

Hi,

I uploaded the files and is seems as if the first post in every topic has turned into an add at the top right?
Is this an easy fix? Will it be fixed with the edits you do in the index template?
I will try to attach a file for you to see what I mean

soul.guardian

Did that work or should I send you another one?

bigguy

Hmm, that is wierd I have never had that happen before, lol. well.. I am sort of stumped on that. Let me leave this for Jerm and see if he can figure it. I will notify him now.

soul.guardian

Well I really appreciate the attempt. Did you have any luck with the index?
I hate to be a burden but how soon can I expect to hear from Jerm?
I may just need to change templates...

ARRGH!
Do you recomend any that are cool and still work with the Ad Mod?

Cheers

SG

soul.guardian

I tried hard coding the an ad into the message.template.php and the script file wouldn't show up in the extra row I created in the table. If I put an image in there it works but the script won't. Is there something I need to know about inserting jscripts into php?

Thanks for your help in advance!