News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

Need help with manual install...

Started by c0ld_bug, January 27, 2007, 08:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c0ld_bug

I tried to uninstall Ad Management 2.0 and after the install my forum was unusable.  I go it back up and running by partially reinstalling the Ad Management 2.0 but now I get tons of errors in my logs and cannot access Ad Management in Admin console.  How would one go about completely installing Ad Management manually. because it will not allow me to install it via the packages menu.

Thanks,
c0ld_bug

c0ld_bug

Ok, I seem to have gotten everything back to normal (Ad Management 2.0 installed and working) but I do not know what to do to install 2.3.  I really want to be able to show ads between categories.  Is there anyway I can just edit my 2.0 settings?

c0ld_bug

jerm

Not really.. there are database changes, so it would be difficult to just change things. In version 2.3 I implemented some new features that should help prevent your forum from crashing when installing(although nothing is 100%)

c0ld_bug

Quote from: jerm on January 29, 2007, 01:02:55 AM
Not really.. there are database changes, so it would be difficult to just change things. In version 2.3 I implemented some new features that should help prevent your forum from crashing when installing(although nothing is 100%)

Well what would you recommend, manually uninstall 2.0 and install 2.3?

c0ld_bug

bigguy

Yes that would be the way to go if you cannot use the package manager to uninstall.

c0ld_bug

Quote from: bigguy on January 30, 2007, 11:17:03 AM
Yes that would be the way to go if you cannot use the package manager to uninstall.

Ok then, I have another question.  I can edit all the files and remove the ones I need, but what parts in the database need removed?

Thanks for all the help guys,
c0ld_bug

bigguy

Nothing in the database should need to be touched.