News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Can't see ads, default theme, and settings are correct!

Started by Clare, January 17, 2007, 12:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clare

I am having a problem seeing my ads. I have the default theme and the most recent version of Admods. Also I changed the settings so that all groups have Ad privileges. They are still not showing up! Earlier 1 showed up and then I moved it to another spot and now it will not show up at all. Please help!
Thanks
Clare
PS If youd like to check out my site it is: www.forums.pickyourstore.com

dsanchez

Hello,

I have the same problem. I installed the add succesfully (forgot to chmod 777 the Package first), added add but they're not showing!

Another strange thing is that, wathever I create a new "add", I get two.

For instance I create just one add "google 728 x 90 ad" but there appears "google 728 x 90 ad" and then "google 728 x 90 ad" again.

UPDATE:

I am NOT using the default template.

The mod just work fine in the default template, in others you have to do some changes manually, so maybe it's the reason of why my ads are not showing up.

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=475.0

However, why they appear twice in the admin?

Quote from: Clare on January 17, 2007, 12:17:23 PM
I am having a problem seeing my ads. I have the default theme and the most recent version of Admods. Also I changed the settings so that all groups have Ad privileges. They are still not showing up! Earlier 1 showed up and then I moved it to another spot and now it will not show up at all. Please help!
Thanks
Clare

Clare

How do you chmod the file? I don't get that part. Maybe that is what I am missing. Mine just aren't showing up at all.  :-\

dsanchez

Not, I just chmod 777 the folder "Packages" in order to install the mod. I did install, set up everything and they're not showing up. Looks like I have to change some code in my template (see my post before)

Quote from: Clare on January 18, 2007, 03:22:01 PM
How do you chmod the file? I don't get that part. Maybe that is what I am missing. Mine just aren't showing up at all.  :-\

Clare

I would go in and change the code but I'm using a copy of the default. Does a copy of the default work the same as a different template, where I have to change the settings? That would make sense.

Clare

Ok I have partially fixed my problem! I was using a copy of the default, not the default itself (I figured it was the same thing but apparently not.
I followed the directions at this site:

But there is a part that I can't find. I found the Theme Index template perfectly fine. Where is BoardIndex.template.php ? And Display.template.php?
And MessageIndex.template.php?

Thank you! :)
www.forums.pickyourstore.com

jerm

If those files don't exist in your folder, then it means it grabs the files from the default theme folder. If thats the case, you don't need to edit anything because those files are modified when you install the ad mod.

Clare

Since I have modified the theme index.template.php with what it said in the above link, now half of my ads are working. Half of them still do not show up. I think probably I need to make the rest of those modifications to the code but I don't know where to do it. I'll try checking the default theme folder to see if I can find them there...  :)
Thanks

Clare

Ok I tried locating the BoardIndex.template.php etc in the Default template and could not find those either. It seems that I cannot change the default in any way. So I am missing something!
Thanks.

thinker

Quote from: dsanchez on January 18, 2007, 03:03:34 PM
Hello,

I have the same problem. I installed the add succesfully (forgot to chmod 777 the Package first), added add but they're not showing!

Another strange thing is that, wathever I create a new "add", I get two.

For instance I create just one add "google 728 x 90 ad" but there appears "google 728 x 90 ad" and then "google 728 x 90 ad" again.

UPDATE:

I am NOT using the default template.

The mod just work fine in the default template, in others you have to do some changes manually, so maybe it's the reason of why my ads are not showing up.

However, why they appear twice in the admin?

Quote from: Clare on January 17, 2007, 12:17:23 PM
Thanks
Clare

Hi there, I am having the same problem at http://www.mitraz.com/forum/index.php and have the ads posted twice every time I add an ad. I don't see an answer to this post, could you please help. Thanks.

bigguy

This has been posted about alot on 2 different forums now. If the ads are showing twice in the admin panel it means there is duplicate code in your index.php file inthe ROOT of your SMF install that has to be removed. If the ads are showing twice on the forum then there is duplicate code in the template files that have to be removed. This is probably a result of trying to install the ad mod more than once.

If you are trying to use the ad mod on a custom theme then you install the mod normally and then look to the theme folder of the custom theme you want to use for the 4 template files to edit. If there are less then 4 template files in that theme then only edit the ones that are there.

To chmodd a file, the easiest way would be to go into the options screen of your admin panel in the section under Packages and choose "All files are writable." and then press the "Change file permissions" button. If this does not work you can iether ftp in and change them by right clicking on a file or folder and going to properties at the bottom and changing permisions there. Or do it through your cpanle file manager if that is what you use.

There are some links in my sig that should be of good reading and very useful. :) Hope this has helped a bit.

ruptan