SMF Ads > News

Ad Management Mod V2.3 Released

(1/11) > >>

jerm:
Hello,

I am pleased to announce a new version of the Ad Management mod. It contains various bug fixes as well as some new settings and ad locations. Here is a list of new features that has been added in this version:
- New setting to allow admins to disable ads if they are admins
- New setting to disable ads on a global scale
- New setting to disable ad reports
- New setting to make ads within posts either look like actual posts or not
- You can now display ads after the last post.
- You can now display ads in-between categories
- You can now display ads under child boards.
- A few security fixes

Although I know I have excluded some requests, I do believe I have added a number of features to help you display your ads better. Language files will have to be updated as I have included a number of new strings. Anybody willing to translate them can grab Ads.english.php and translate the file into your language. You should take the previous file that way you won’t have to translate all the strings. If you have translated the mod into your language and it is not in the language board, please give me the file and I will put it in there. The new version can be downloaded from the mod site on SMF.

Also, I have done something different this time. This is a test project to see how the smfads.com community reacts to it. This time around I have added a custom theme mod. What this will do, is install the required edits on a custom theme. You will still need to install the original ad mod though. At the moment, the only custom theme mod I have created is for the Helios Multicolor. However, there is a cost for this added mod. It will cost you 5$ to purchase this add-on mod. If you would like me to create more add-on mods for your other custom themes, please contact me and let me know which theme you would like. Note, that these add-on mods don’t include anything extra; they only edit the template files of your custom theme. To purchase these add-on themes you need to go into your profile, and then click on the paid subscriptions link.

Thank you again for being a value member on smfads.com. Feel free to visit from time to time. A special thanks goes out to bigguy who has helped a lot with this project. If you feel like you’d want to donate to the project, please visit my site and click on the donate button.

Regards,
The SMF Ads Support Forum Team.

dklassen:
Outstanding! So are you saying that this $5 mod you created will install the required code in any custom theme or is it $5 to have you do the mod for a required theme? I have two custom themes that I use and have your ad mod running on both. I actually paid someone to do the required theme edits for me so the mod would work. I'd like to install the new version of the ad mod you just released and get it working with my two themes.

marinelife:
Are there any changes to the database, I will have to install in on a dummy site then upload the site to my production site since I can not uninstall the old one

danw:
I have the same question as the two above.  Where can I download the latest mod and what are the instruction for upgrading?
Thanks for all of your hard work.

marinelife:
SMF site has it, I have it installed, I have to edit Display.template myself for to work, it does not like one of my other mods

When I edit the Display.templare file, the first thing it says to do is this

--- Code: --- <operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;]]></search>

<add><![CDATA[
//Display ads on the thread page
if (function_exists("show_threadAds"))
{
$ads = show_threadAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset($ads);
}
]]></add>
</operation>
--- End code ---

Am I correct with this

--- Code: ---function template_main()
{
//Display ads on the thread page
if (function_exists("show_threadAds"))
{
$ads = show_threadAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset($ads);
}
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $sourcedir, $modSettings;

require_once($sourcedir.'/ArcadeSigsStats.php');

// Show the anchor for the top and for the first message. If the first message is new, say so.

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version