News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Musiconica theme

Started by itsagoodthing, December 14, 2006, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsagoodthing

sorry... I just saw that I posted this in the wrong area.

Has anyone been able to get Ad Management to work with Musiconica theme?
If so... could you PLEASE post it on this site.
I tried doing it but I get errors. I would love to use this with this theme.
Thanks in advance.

bigguy

Try renaming some of the template files in that themes folder. Doing this will make SMF use the default theme's template files. That might work. If not I will see what I can do to modify them.

sogetthis

Quote from: bigguy on December 18, 2006, 05:21:32 PM
Try renaming some of the template files in that themes folder. Doing this will make SMF use the default theme's template files. That might work. If not I will see what I can do to modify them.

Hi,

can you please describe this a bit deeper? I am a SMF User since a week and I also want to use this theme (in German language) together with Ads. I know a little about PHP but (currently) nothing about SMF theme or project structure. Any hint will be helpful I think.

Thanks in advance.

bigguy

When I use a custom theme with the ad mod and sometimes all the edits will not work with custom themes because theme authors write all the templates differently. The 4 template files that the ad mod edits are:

index.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
Display.template.php

If you are using the "Musiconica theme" This themes folder might not have all of those files I mentioned. The ones it does have will not be edited because all mods only edit the template files in the default theme folder. By going into your "Musiconica theme" folder and renaming the 4 files I mentioned even to something like this:

index.template1.php
BoardIndex.template1.php
MessageIndex.template1.php
Display.template1.php

You force SMF to use the default template files in the default themes folder. These files are already edited so the ads should/will show up. The only visible problem with this is sometimes using the default template files with a different theme makes your theme look a bit like the default. (If that makes sense)

itsagoodthing

That does work.. but you drop a lot of the Musiconica theme doing that. But, better than nothing.

bigguy

If you just do one at a time then you can see what files have to be manually edited in order to keep the look of the theme. :)