News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ads appear twice and i need guidance on fixing this.

Started by 5678, December 11, 2006, 09:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi---Jerm:

I was wondering if you could assist me with this issue i have with the adm mgmt mod. The issue is that i think the mod was either installed once or twice and some code needs to be removed from the template files, because the ads appear twice on the board. But i have very little knowledge when it comes to all this stuff. Could you aid with this? I would appreciate it.

I thought it was as simple as un-installing the mod and re-installing it, but when i un-installed it last week, i lost my board, thank god, someone was able to help me get it back. So now, i don't want to mess with it.

Missy.

bigguy

Do you have any other mods installed ??? If you don't I would re-upload the 4 files that the ad mod changes and then re-install it. This will get rid of the previous code and allow you to install fresh again.

Hi----

I have loads of other MODS installed, and i don't want to lose them or have to re-install them again, so i'm not messing with the 4 files you mentioned. Please advise otherwise. I would appreciate it, if you could guide me through IM. It would be quicker and easier for the both of us.

jerm

Look into
index.template.php
Display.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
and make sure that the ad code is only there once.

Look in the theme board to know what edits to look for.