News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Upgraded to 1.1, installed mod, no ads

Started by crosinski, December 03, 2006, 08:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosinski

I just upgraded from 1.0.9 to 1.1. It went well with no error messages. I'm using the default theme. Installed the mod and it installed ok, too. Everything looks ok in the admin area but when I try to add the ads, they don't show. I tried several variations and made sure the permissions for each member group were set but nothing works. Is my best bet to uninstall the mod and then reinstall?

Thanks,
Carol

rickd

Quote from: crosinski on December 03, 2006, 08:39:26 PM
I just upgraded from 1.0.9 to 1.1. It went well with no error messages. I'm using the default theme. Installed the mod and it installed ok, too. Everything looks ok in the admin area but when I try to add the ads, they don't show. I tried several variations and made sure the permissions for each member group were set but nothing works. Is my best bet to uninstall the mod and then reinstall?

Thanks,
Carol
I have the exact same experience as Carol.  I upgraded to 1.1 and it went well with no problems.  I'm using the default theme, I installed the ad management mod and set permissions for everyone - but, I still get no ads displaying anywhere.  I've even uninstalled the ad mod and reinstalled it a few times, but still nothing.  Pretty frustrating experience as I can't even go back to the older version of the ad management software now.

Rick

jerm

The two versions are different. If you added ads in 1.0.9, they wont be there anymore in 1.1
You need to add the new ads.

crosinski

I put in new code for the ads. Still nothing.

Carol

crosinski

Hold on a minute. I see that my forum is set to the Babylon theme. I apologize for not checking this. I assumed it would be set to the default theme because that is what I had 1.0.9 set to. I guess the upgrade to 1.1 switched the theme to Babylon? At the moment, my spellchecker isn't working so I want to resolve that issue before I try the ads again.

Thank you,
Carol

crosinski

I just wanted to add that as soon as I switched to the default theme the ads poped up. So I have ads and I thank you very much for them.  :)

Carol

jerm