News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

package installed - Ad Management link not there

Started by jaysteele, November 30, 2006, 06:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysteele

I successfully installed the package but the Ad Management link is not showing up under the configuration menu. Using Babylon theme. Please advise as to what is wrong. Thanks.

Jay

jerm

bigguy

Check the modifications.english.php file and see if the edits were done to that file.

Bates

I have the same problem. I checked the necessary tables.. they exist. You say to check modified.english.php? I don't have that file...

Can you please explain more to me?

I'm using the Blublur theme

bigguy

Move the modifications.english.php file from the default language folder to the language folder of the theme you use. If there is no language folder create one and put the modifications.english.php file into it.

Bates

Thanks that worked..

I also tried to modify the theme for use with these ads but euhm.. I get double ads published  :( Which means I have 2 banners from google adsense. Also after the modification some topic replies are simply gone ! Some are, others are not... very strange...

I put the original theme files back and then the posts are back but ofcourse no ads then.. any help?

bigguy

go throught the 4 template files and see if there is any duplicate code and remove it.

]-[iigara[KS]

Hello, I'm having this same problem but moving the modifications.english.php file didn't fix it.  Any other ideas?  aa_damage is the theme I use, but I get the same problem even when using the default theme.  I have version 2.3

Hmm, very strange.  I tried installing it last night but ran into a bunch of forum problems, so I gave up on it and ended up reinstalling my forums.  So I'm still on the default theme right now, haven't tried putting the aa_damage theme back up yet, but oddly before I did notice it changed the modifications.english.php file by adding a couple lines (don't remember what, i know little PHP), but now there's no change when I try installing it.  The tables also were not created this time  :-\

Err scratch that last bit, they're there now .. but still no change to modifications.english file, and the link still isn't showing up.  Like I said I'm using version 2.3.  Modifications.english.php isn't one of the files listed on the install page.  Does that not matter or do I have a different issue?

Thanks

bigguy

Add the edits to that file and make sure there is a copy of it in the theme directory of the theme you are using.

clownpoop

Quote from: bigguy on June 20, 2007, 06:11:00 PM
Move the modifications.english.php file from the default language folder to the language folder of the theme you use. If there is no language folder create one and put the modifications.english.php file into it.

hi I don't have the file modifications.english.php

Quote from: bigguy on June 25, 2007, 08:36:25 AM
Add the edits to that file and make sure there is a copy of it in the theme directory of the theme you are using.
what edits? can you explain to me more? pls help

tonilah

my link won't show either

here is in what's my modifications.english file.  I am using the default theme, and the newest version of SMF and ad mod.

Quote<?php
// Version: 1.1; Modifications

?>

clownpoop

hi, what do you mean by
Quote from: bigguy on June 25, 2007, 08:36:25 AM

here's what that file contains
Quote<?php
// Version: 1.1; Modifications

$txt['MemberColorLinkHeadline'] = 'Member Color Link';
$txt['MemberColorLink'] = 'The display of the threadindex';
$txt['MemberColorThreadOwner'] = 'The thread owner at the boardindex';
$txt['MemberColorThreadLastPost'] = 'The last post member at the messageindex';
$txt['MemberColorThreadChild'] = 'The last post member at the childboard';
$txt['MemberColorBoardindex'] = 'The last post member at the boardindex';
$txt['MemberColorBirthday'] = 'The Birthday Links of the Members (Calendar and Boardindex)';
$txt['MemberColorRecentOwner'] = 'Recent posts, threadowner';
$txt['MemberColorRecentLastPost'] = 'Recent posts, the last poster';
$txt['MemberColorInbox'] = 'Change colors in the Instant Messages Inbox';
$txt['MemberColorOutbox'] = 'Change colors in the Instant Messages Outbox';
$txt['MemberColorLatestMember'] = 'Color the Latest Member';
$txt['MemberColorStats'] = 'Change color in the Boardstats.';
$txt['MemberColorWhoIsOnline'] = 'Color the Who is Online (Messagesindex and Threadindex)';
$txt['MemberColorGuests'] = 'Color for Guest nicknames<br /><span class="smalltext">Boradindex, Messageindex and Theaddisplay</span>';

$txt['MemberColorLinkHeadline'] = 'Member Color Link';
$txt['MemberColorLink'] = 'The display of the threadindex';
$txt['MemberColorThreadOwner'] = 'The thread owner at the boardindex';
$txt['MemberColorThreadLastPost'] = 'The last post member at the messageindex';
$txt['MemberColorThreadChild'] = 'The last post member at the childboard';
$txt['MemberColorBoardindex'] = 'The last post member at the boardindex';
$txt['MemberColorBirthday'] = 'The Birthday Links of the Members (Calendar and Boardindex)';
$txt['MemberColorRecentOwner'] = 'Recent posts, threadowner';
$txt['MemberColorRecentLastPost'] = 'Recent posts, the last poster';
$txt['MemberColorInbox'] = 'Change colors in the Instant Messages Inbox';
$txt['MemberColorOutbox'] = 'Change colors in the Instant Messages Outbox';
$txt['MemberColorLatestMember'] = 'Color the Latest Member';
$txt['MemberColorStats'] = 'Change color in the Boardstats.';
$txt['MemberColorWhoIsOnline'] = 'Color the Who is Online (Messagesindex and Threadindex)';
$txt['MemberColorGuests'] = 'Color for Guest nicknames<br /><span class="smalltext">Boradindex, Messageindex and Theaddisplay</span>';
?>

tonilah

i think for some reason my modifications.english.php wasn't edited for the ads module.  I opened up the last version of the ads mod and took a peek at the install.xml.  and added this to my modifications.english.php file. 

Quote// Js - Strings

$txt['js_ads_title'] = 'Ad Management';
$txt['js_text_displayads_index'] = 'Display ads on every page (ontop)';
$txt['js_text_displayads_botindex'] = 'Display ads on every page (onbottom)';
$txt['js_text_displayads_board_index'] = 'Display ads on Board Index';
$txt['js_text_displayads_display'] = 'Display ads on Thread';
$txt['js_text_displayads_message_index'] = 'Display ads on Thread Index';
$txt['js_text_displayads_firstpost'] = 'Display ads after first post';
$txt['js_text_disc'] = 'Write your code here';
$txt['js_text_help'] = 'Make sure that your code is compatible with HTML';
$txt['permissiongroup_ad_manage'] = 'Ad Management';
$txt['permissionname_ad_manageperm'] = 'Enable ads';
$txt['permissionhelp_ad_manageperm'] = 'To enable ads to appear for this membergroup, this must be checked';

that cleared things up!  make sure you have your language set on english too, mine was set on english ut8 by default.

clownpoop

I know nothing of php :'( I just put the your code to my modification.english.php file but it still don't work