News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Message I got. corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF

Started by Wiggins, November 27, 2006, 03:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiggins

This is the message I received when try to load the ad mod.
Has anyone seen this before?

Install Actions

Installations actions for "Ad Managment":

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

We are running
Powered by SMF 1.1 RC3 | SMF © 2001-2006, Lewis Media

Thanks for the help
Don

jerm

timbowyer

I got the same message trying to install V2, using 1.0.9 and got the same message repeatedly.  I don't know what "rc2" and "rc3" mean, so I tried both versions, with the same result.  An earlier version installed OK, but I need V2 for the skyscraper ads.

darakhshan

Wiggins

timbowyer

Version ad_mod_1-0-9_v1-0-2d.zip  installed OK onto SMF 1.0.9, but version 2 won't install, despite the page at http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=255 claiming it's compatible.  Meanwhile it seems like our moderator is nowhere to be found... we're the blind leading the blind here...

jerm

Make sure all files are chmod to 777,
Create a folder inside the package folder called temp and chmod that to 777

timbowyer

...The package folder is zipped - it's automatically unzipped when SMF installs it.  So how can I create a folder in a zipped package without unzipping it first?  And anyway, can 1.0.9 really handle version 2.0?  Coz the only version 2's on offer are called ad_mod_rc2_v2.zip  and ad_mod_rc3_v2.zip respectively - doesn't that mean they'll only work with rc2 and rc3, not with 1.0.9?

Gee, this is hard, like reading a book with pages missing and the author out of town and when he's here he gives you one line from the missing page and then he's off again... :o

jerm

You can't install version 2. You have to install the version thats compatible with 1.0.9
So this version: ad_mod_1-0-9_v1-0-2d.zip

And what i mean is. Log into your server through FTP, go to your forum folder, go into the package folder and create a folder inside there called temp, and chmod it to 777.

timbowyer

OK thanks, but I already successfully installed that version.  It was Version 2.0 that I (and a few other people judging from the posts here) was trying to install, because on the ad mod page it says 1.0.9 is compatible with Version 2.  But now you've solved the mystery - 1.0.9 is not, after all, compatible with Version 2.0.  :D