News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

"Neon" Theme Mods Needed

Started by Doober, September 14, 2006, 08:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doober

We are running SMF 1.0.8.  We need mod files for the "Neon" theme.  I have tried editing them as instructed and it won't work for the life of me.  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance!

HOCBOT

Yes that would be great if someone can assist witht he Neon one also. I ahve tried the edits and can not get it to work with Neon

bigguy

Post all the template files needed for the ad mod for that theme and I'll see what I can do for you. Maybe not tonight we'll see, but I will get them.

HOCBOT

Thanks bigguy for your help you're a legend

bigguy

Ok, try this. I think it will all work but I had to make some adjustments in the index.template,php file so it might fail I'm not sure. BACKUP BEFORE TRYING.

HOCBOT

Hey Bigguy thanks for trying but it still came up with error... I will re apply it and copy the error down.

bigguy

where did it have the error in the index.template.php file. ???

HOCBOT

Sorry it took awhile to get back to you. Below is the error I get when i try to access.

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/neon-smf107/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

bigguy

Can you send me your modifications.english.php file. Try this index.template.php file.

Doober

I have tried all of your files too bigguy.  Nothing works.  Kinda frustrating to say the least.  Anything else you think you can do?  We really like the Neon theme for our website.  It kinda fits in at www.turtleexchange.com.  Green for turtles. 

Thanks,
Doober - aka Chris D.

bigguy

Ok, I will have to try the neon theme again. This is for 1.0.8 right.

Doober

bigguy

One more thing you can try (if you want) is to rename the template file in your custom theme you are using. Doing this will make SMF use the template files in the default theme directory. If it doesn't screw up the look of your site it is a good way to use the ad mod. if it does screw things up just rename the template files to their original names.