News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

English Steel 1.6 Theme - ads appear twice (double display)

Started by yarman, December 19, 2006, 01:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarman

SMF 1.1 RC3
English Steel 1.6 Theme
no other mods installed

Hey all,
I have the above theme installed with no other mods besides Ad Management. I have tried every combination of checking and unchecking the options under Ad Management admin panel, and my ad banner still shows up twice regardless of what page - board index, thread index, etc.

I tried checking my index.template.php file for duplicate code - I could not find any, although I'm not totally sure what to look for, but I'm pretty sure there was nothing there out of place.

If anyone knows how English Steel installs this mod and where to look for duplicate code which would cause this error, please let me know.

Thanks so much ahead of time, great mod!  ;)

bigguy

Uninstall the mod and upload new copies of the template files and then re-install. Check the default theme to see if there is only 1 ad being displayed. It looks like you have gotten the code in there twice.

yarman

I kept checking all my English Steel files but I didn't realize it was the default theme template files that mattered...yah the code is all jacked up inside the index.template.php file...is that the only one I should reupload, or all the default template files?

thank you again.

bigguy

You only have to upload:

index.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
messageindex.template.php
display.template.php

I think it is.

yarman

Cool...I uploaded all those...and just upgraded SMF to the final release in general...and it works now.

I think the problem was that the first time I installed Ad Management, I selected "display on every board below the menu" and then also selected "show on board index" and by selecting both, even if at different times, it screwed up the code. This time I just selected "show on board index" and "show on thread index" and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a ton, big props!  ;)