Support > General Support

Ad Placement Between Categories

<< < (2/6) > >>

vbgamer45:
Check that you made the edits to your theme. For that to work it edits the boardindex.template.php file.

To find the edits upload the mod to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

jgwise:
What file am I uploading to the parser? Sorry new to this...

vbgamer45:
The .zip file for ad management

jgwise:
When I run the PARSER...it says in the file $themedir/BoardIndex.template.php to edit two codes...

I found the first one and added it...but the second one, I can't find the line of code that I am supposed to paste after (the DIVIDER CLASS). It says...

FIND:

<tbody class="divider">
            <tr>
               <td colspan="4"></td>
            </tr>
         </tbody>';

THEN PASTE AFTER:

echo '<tbody><tr><td colspan="4">';
   //Display ads Between cats
   if (function_exists("show_category"))
   {
      $ads = show_category($category['id']);
      if(!empty($ads))
         if($ads['type']==0)
            echo $ads['content'];
         else
            eval($ads['content']);
      unset($ads);
   }
   echo '         </td></tr></tbody>';

jgwise:
So I did a fresh install of SMF 2.0.14 on my test server and modified the files according to the Parser.

The ad that I wanted between the Categories is showing up on top of the Categories. But I still could not find the <tbody class="divider"> section to add the code under.

I also need to have the QueryString.php edited to fix the overlap on the bottom since I have done the fresh install.

Sorry...not trying to be a pain...just trying to get the ad setup so I can move this out to live server. Thank you for your help. Once I get this live will make donation for all the trouble.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version