News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

PLEASE Help This NOOB- Getting Double Ads!

Started by Bud Wiser, November 15, 2006, 01:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Ok, Big Guy I loved the way your mod looked so I have spent all day yester and doing on today trying to get every thing working.

I started on SMV version 1.08 yesterday! Now I am up to the latest ver 1.10 RC3 just to get your mod to work!

I got the closest with RC3, I'm almost there bro!

Here is where I'm at now, I get double ad posts!

I was able to find the double copies of commands to get just the Index page to work with just one ad. But I can not find the double codes for towers or for threads for after first post.

I would like to be able to have a leaderboard ad for all the boards and a leaderboard ad after the first post. I even tried tower ads too! I get double ads on every thing I try accept the main index, which I was successful in finding and removing the double codes.

Can you please help me out? Any idea what is causing this to happen? ANd what I can do to prevent it. Yes I have tried a uninstall but that does not remove all the codes so when I install again I'm back to square one.

I just want to get this great script going, so please if you can take the time to work with me I'd appreciate it! It's not like I didn't try!

Thanks!

Bud Wiser

OK, I got most of it working now! Found the codes for most,

tower codes
top of each board
bottom of each board

still can not find the code to fix ads in between posts!
WHat is the code for that?

FOr any one else having this problem, check your default theme main templates for code containing the word ads

Big Guy, would be noce to find out why this is happening and provide a solution, or a list of files to search, and what codes to search for.

Thank you, this is  GREAT mod, worth any work!

bigguy

You are going to have to either go through all the template files and remove the code manually or uninstall the ad mod, re-upload all the template files that it altered with fresh copies and then re-install the ad mod.

EDIT: that code I think is either in the display.template or the messageindex.template I think.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: bigguy on November 15, 2006, 03:21:37 PM
You are going to have to either go through all the template files and remove the code manually or uninstall the ad mod, re-upload all the template files that it altered with fresh copies and then re-install the ad mod.

EDIT: that code I think is either in the display.template or the messageindex.template I think.

Well I got every thing to work accept for ads in between posts. I'm gonna take a break from this since I spent 2 days on it already  ;D

Hey btw, this is a killer mod despite any bugs or probs I encountered.

Any chance you can also port this over for vbulletin, I also use that program too, and Big Guy, the folks over at VB would love ya for this mod!!!  ;D

I have not seen a better adsense mod on any system.  This is worth the time and work you have put in to it, and any time or work we may have to put in to it too!

Thx.

(I was serious about VB!)

bigguy

Well, first off. This is not my mod it is and was created by Jerm. You can ask him to port it but I doubt he will and yes it is a killer mod. ;)

Bud Wiser

One final note you may want to consider creating a sticky concerning double posts. Here is what I discovered and I'm sure it has and will baffle more users.

This is a great mod with out a doubt! However if for any reason you uninstall, or stop the install and back out, and install it again, you will have double posts.

The reason for this is simply because the uninstall only removes codes from files it creates but does NOT remove the codes from the template files. Normally this would not be a problem since those codes won't hurt any thing, BUT if you install the program again, you will have 2 post.

BTW, this is not a prob only to this mod, but many other mods will result in the same way! I spent 2 days trying to figure this out and believe I have it under control now.

To fix this you need to find out what codes the mod places on your template files, search and find them and manually remove one of the double codes. Not only for this mod, but other mods too that place codes on your templates.

Since this is a fairly common problem with uninstalls of mods, I suggest some one create a utility that can search for doubling of codes, show you the results and allow you to remove one set. A utility like that would really speed up the process to make corrections.

Alternately this may also be a SMF bug in the uninstall feature which may need to be looked at.

Any way I still think this is a fantastic mod and hope it also ports over to VB!

Many thanks for this mod and support forum!