News:

Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

Install help for new SMF user

Started by yeehaa, November 15, 2006, 11:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeehaa

Currently running SMF 1.0.9 and have installed the mod using the Package Manager.

Default theme is Ig-Oh, though users at my forum can choose between Ig-Oh and and the grey default theme.

Nothing is showing up in the Configuration Section of the Admin Panel using either theme.

After installing, this is the message in the Package Manager-

Do I need to execute a install.php command? I know very little about how to do this so any help is much appreciated-

Thanks

jerm

Try changing the SMF default theme and tell me if you see anything.
It should be in features and settings(or options)

yeehaa

I changed to default & nothing is listed in the Configuration Section regrding the Mod-

bigguy

See if the edits were done to the "modifications.english.php" file.

yeehaa

thanks for the direction, but I don't know what you mean-

imranraf

I am having the exact same issue. Which folder holds the modifications.english.php file?

imranraf

I checked the modifications.english.php file and this is what the file has:

<?php
// Version: 1.0; Modifications

?>

bigguy

Look in the file modifications.english.php in the default theme or in the theme you are using. (default if your theme doesn't have one) and see if the ad mod is referenced at all.

yeehaa

Idon't have a modifications.english.php file in default or the IG-Oh theme folders-

sntjohnny

I am just digging in, here, but I thought it might be helpful to say that I am having a similar problem.  The install reports success in every department, but there is no access to the ad management page from the configuration from either the default mod or any others.  I'm seeing on some other threads ways to manually fix that, but I doubt the intent was for a manual fix even on the smf default.  I'm just trying to be helpful and reporting a common experience.

bigguy

The modifications.english.php file will be in the langauge folder of the theme you are using. I guess I should have been clearer about that.

yeehaa

For the Ig-Oh theme-

Quote<?php

// Ig-Oh ADD
$txt['top_info'] = 'User Info &amp; Key Stats';
$txt['igoh_locked'] = 'Locked Topic';
$txt['igoh_sticky'] = 'Sticky:';

$txt['header_logo_url'] = 'Logo image URL:';
$txt['header_logo_url_desc'] = '(leave blank to show forum name or default logo.)';

$txt['forum_name_image_url'] = 'Forum name image URL:';
$txt['forum_name_image_url_desc'] = '(When it is a blank, forum name is displayed by the text. )';

$txt['theme_default_color'] = 'Main color of Ig-Oh theme';
$txt['theme_default_color_default'] = 'Default';
$txt['theme_default_color_green'] = 'Green';

$txt['topics_posts_in'] = 'in';
$txt['topics_posts_posts'] = 'posts';
$txt['topics_posts_topics'] = 'topics';
$txt['show_topics_posts_help'] = 'Show Topics/Posts mini help';

$txt['user_info_position'] = 'Posters information position';
$txt['user_info_position_desc'] = 'Posters information position of &quot;Display.template.php&quot;';
$txt['user_info_position_default'] = 'Default';
$txt['user_info_position_left'] = 'Left';

$txt['theme_version_attention'] = 'Hide theme version attention';

// The one to press translation of Modifications.english.php
$txt['necessary_to_translate'] = 'Necessary to translate';

?>

For the default theme-

Quote<?php

?>

Does not look like it's there-

I did notice a blank next to the install.php in the pic above- does this matter?

bigguy

No it doesn't. You will have to add the edits for the modifications.english.php yourself then. They can be gotte out of the install.xml file. It might be called modification.xml to.

yeehaa

What out of the install.xml file do I copy and paste it in the modifications.english.php?

Thanks

bigguy

Make sure the "ads.php" file is in the sources directory. Ignore what I said earlier.