Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Dilber MC Problem

Started by baka, November 08, 2006, 01:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baka

Hi there,
I would really appreciate it, if someone could help  me with getting dilber MC and SMF Ad Mod on rc3 to work. I already tried the description posted on http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=141.0 but in some way it´s not working. I got a centered design and when I implement the code as decribed, the layout moves to the right. The Ads also don´t show up as they should and there are differences between IE and Firefox. As I am a complete newbie to php there might be the likeable possibility I did something wrong when following the instruction of the above mentioned post. Would somebody be so kind to post his index.template.php, so that I could take a look at it?

bigguy

For the problem as to how it displays between FF and IE I don't think there is anything that can be done about that right now. I don't have the template for dilbermc anymore. If you did the edits the way I posted them there shouldn't be a problem. Do you have a link I can see. ??? I am very sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been a bit busy lately.

baka

Thanks for the reply, I´attached my index.template.php, maybe that´ll help.
At the moment the ads in the upper part are not centered, the ads at the end of the site also cause a layout problem.
Although I activated all different ad views in the backend, there are no ads between the posts. Actually there should be a add after the first post. I am really sorry, but as I am a complete newbie to php I don´t really know what could be wrong.
If it causes too much trouble, I´ll stick to another theme which is easier to handle.
However, I would really appreciate your help
Here you can take a look at the site click

bigguy

baka

Thanks, just uploaded it, but still not working correctly. The ads in the most upper part are still not centered, but actually I will not use them anyway. There are still no ads in the posts.... Thank you really for your help!
and there ist not a single ad to be seen in IE, how ist this possible???  :-\

bigguy

To center the ads try adding this before it:

<div align=center>

and this after:

<div>

The ads for between the posts is a different file. I have no idea why it wil not show in IE. That might be a question for Jerm. Also if you want you can try to rename the index.template.php file that is int he dilberMC folder and see if that works. If you do this then SMF will use the default template to which the ad code is already installed.

baka

thanks for the reply, I´ll try renaming the file.

baka

did not really work out. Tried to use the default theme and still nothing showing up in IE...

bigguy

We should wait for Jerm on this one.

baka

ok thanks for your help, I´ll be off to bed then!

baka

Did jerm already see this?

bigguy

baka

Actually I skipped back to the default theme, installed the mod again and ads are still not showing up in my IE. In Firefox there are also no ads between the posts showing up. Anyone here who experienced the same problem?

bigguy

What other mods do you have installed.

baka

1.    Imprint    0.1    
2.    Dilber MC    1.0    
3.    SMF 1.0.9 and 1.1 RC3-1 Security Patch    1.0.8/1.1 RC3    
4.    Ad Managment    2.0    
5.    Edit Meta Data    1.0
6.    Board Viewers Mod 1.0