Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Need help installing ads mod on Red FS custom theme

Started by docprego, July 31, 2009, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docprego

Hello,

I tried to follow the guide to install the ad mod on a custom theme.  Most edits matched up perfectly but several in the index.template.php file do not.  I am getting a parse error and this only occurs if this file is uploaded to the server.  All the other edited files are uploaded to the server as well and seem to have no effect but I think that is because index.template.php is not working correctly.

I am attaching this file, can someone please edit it or tell me how to do so?

Thank you very much!

docprego

Interestingly I found that ads are working even if I don't upload index.template.php.  When I uploaded it I was getting parse errors and the forums wouldn't load.  Without it, using the default file my site is loading up just fine with some ads.  I don't get the ads in all of the locations that the Ad Management configuration panel says that they would be available.  But I am getting them on the board index and message index, after the last post and also within posts and after categories.  That's good actually as it puts ads pretty much all over my forums.  

I am assuming that if someone modified my index.template.php file I would be able to place ads in all the places that the Ad Management configuration panel indicates are possible.  So If anyone would be willing to help it would still be greatly appreciated.

ccbtimewiz

Did you read the sticky?

Quote from: ccbtimewizA custom theme is any theme you use in replacement of the default theme. Modifications through the Package Manager are installed on the default theme's template files. It is quite difficult for a modification's author as well as a theme creator to make their modifications work with other themes especially if they have several of their own template files. When a template file is not found in a custom non-default theme, the theme will rollback and use the default theme's template. However for the template files that the custom theme does use, you will need to manually install the modification on to template files.

docprego

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 02, 2009, 02:30:35 PM
Did you read the sticky?

Quote from: ccbtimewizA custom theme is any theme you use in replacement of the default theme. Modifications through the Package Manager are installed on the default theme's template files. It is quite difficult for a modification's author as well as a theme creator to make their modifications work with other themes especially if they have several of their own template files. When a template file is not found in a custom non-default theme, the theme will rollback and use the default theme's template. However for the template files that the custom theme does use, you will need to manually install the modification on to template files.

Please help me with the edits I need to do to make the ads mod work on the Red FS theme.  All the other files are fine except index.tremplate.php is very different than the default file so I am unsure how to apply the edits.

Thank you.

docprego

ccbtimewiz

docprego

Quote from: pmf41 on August 07, 2009, 02:49:35 PM
this should work

Thank you so much,  I tried it but I got this error:  

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/red_fs/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';'

Also I looked at the manual install instructions for my version which is 1.1.10 and one of the steps is not in the file you edited, this is the one that is missing:

Find: [Select]

</td>

Add After: [Select]

';
                     //Welcome Ads
                     if (function_exists("show_welcomeAds"))
                     {
                        $ads = show_welcomeAds();
                        if(!empty($ads))
                        {
                           echo '<td class="windowbg2">';
                           if($ads['type']==0)
                              echo $ads['content'];
                           else
                              eval($ads['content']);
                           echo '</td>';
                        }
                        unset($ads);
                     }
                  echo '

docprego

Quote from: pmf41 on August 08, 2009, 03:13:30 AM
I think I fixed it

Thank you very much again.  Now I am getting this error:  "Unable to load the 'main_above' template."

Also I noticed that you did not add in this edit still:

Find: [Select]

</td>

Add After: [Select]

';
                     //Welcome Ads
                     if (function_exists("show_welcomeAds"))
                     {
                        $ads = show_welcomeAds();
                        if(!empty($ads))
                        {
                           echo '<td class="windowbg2">';
                           if($ads['type']==0)
                              echo $ads['content'];
                           else
                              eval($ads['content']);
                           echo '</td>';
                        }
                        unset($ads);
                     }
                  echo '

Is there a reason you are leaving this one out?

pmf41

yes there is that part is not in the file and its not needed try it now

docprego

Quote from: pmf41 on August 08, 2009, 12:28:54 PM
yes there is that part is not in the file and its not needed try it now

Same error message: "Unable to load the 'main_above' template."

pmf41

ok ill try again