Welcome to SMF Ads Support Forum

Main Menu
Coinbase

confused about double ads issue/solution

Started by KingKoz, July 07, 2009, 05:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingKoz

Hello,

I just upgraded my forum to smf v1.1.9 then decided to upgrade your ads management mod from v2.3 -> v2.31. Unfortunately I didn't think to remove the previous version before applying the newer version. Now when the page that contains ads displays, there are double ads (I have the ad displayed at the top AND the bottom) in both locations. So, I thought I would uninstall the older version and that would take care of the problem. When I did that thought, BOTH ads were now gone. Oh ya, not only were double ads displayed on the page, but when I go to the ads management page, the ad is listed there twice as well. Then I tried removing the newer version and then reinstall the ads management package and then create a new ad but it still displays 2 ads. I searched your forum for help and came across many posts, but again, unfortunately I am confused as to what I need to do to fix the problem. Can you give a more detailed explanation (step by step) as to how to correct this. Since I noticed that you have asked for the index.template.php file. I will try to attach mine. Incase you also want to see my forum and the problem with double ads, here is the url http://www.kozradio.biz/forum.

thanks,

Koz

KingKoz

Nevermind with your help. I figured out the solution myself. Seems like this mod has no support. Anyways, the solution was to download the index.template.php file provided in this thread -> http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=2003.0

DO NOT follow the code changing instructions given, just grab the file (at the bottom of the 2nd or 3rd post) and replace the one in your current theme directory. It worked for me. Now only one ad appears!

Koz

KingKoz

OK, I take that back. Using the modified index.template.php file provided in the thread I posted earlier worked for the display of ads in the forum, however, the ad is still showing up twice in the "Ads Management" section. I assume a similar issue with (ads.template.php or admin.template.php??) duplicate code is problem. Unfortunately, I am not that good with php and I don't think it's my place to mess with the ads management author's code.

So, the issue now is duplicate ads being displayed in the forum/index.php?action=admod page.

Koz

perfor23