News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

I added this line in insert code box and my forum broke, please help will PAYPAL

Started by Epoman, October 17, 2006, 09:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epoman

I have smf 1.0.8 and using the ad mod for my version and in the text box (where you enter your ad code) I entered this line of code:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="rotation-script.js">

and now my forum is broke. Here is the site http://www.ihatedialysis.com/forum take a look try to go to a section and you will see it's broke. I can't access my admin section to delete that line of code.

bigguy

I'm getting 404 errors and database erors all over your site. This can't be from that one line of code. Lets see what Jerm has to say.

Epoman

Quote from: bigguy on October 17, 2006, 09:44:47 PM
I'm getting 404 errors and database erors all over your site. This can't be from that one line of code. Lets see what Jerm has to say.

Well the 404 errors was me doing a restore of the forums directory  :) But I figured the problem out, I had to remove that line from the SQL DB.  It was in the "table `smf_settings`" I had to delete the entire line:

from the DB I was shitting bricks, luckily I was able to find the code and have a wonderful support tech help me. If I had to do a restore I would have lost about 200 posts on my forum.

So for those who this happens to anything you type in the text box (your ad code) it goes in the SQL DB in the table called `smf_settings`

bigguy

Thank you for posting the solution to your problem and it's great you got it figured out. :)

jerm

You didn't put all the code in:
that is only part of the code needed.