News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

NO problem! Just wondering about the install process

Started by MacneticM, June 13, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacneticM

I'm pleased to post here without a complaint or problem!
I'm pleasantly surprised and a little confused. I still have a question but it's not of the usual frustrating, problematic variety.

I recently installed Ad Management package. After dealing with a slight incompatiblity Issue the whole installation, activation process ran quite smoothly.  Based on documentation I read, I was under the impression that, after installation & activation, I would next have to modify the template and a few other files before it could be used. However, upon testing it out, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it ran perfectly fine and did just what I wanted it to "right out of the box".

What am I missing? 

Is it that the install script automatically modifies these files and the "Manual Install Instructions" merely explain how it could be done manually?

Or Is it that these template modifications only need be done if using a template other than the default template?