News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

HELP: Google ads not showing up to guests and forum members

Started by drtonik, May 21, 2009, 12:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drtonik

I installed the ad mod successfully yesterday on smf 1.1.8; and ryt after that, i integrated the new newly released smf patch, thus upgrading to 1.1.9.

My problem is that i jus finished pasting my google ads into the mod BUT the ads are only visible to the admin WHILE guests and registered members just cannot see these same ads that i can see as the forum admin

What do i do pls?
"The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing." - Ben Okri
"The one being carried does not realize how far away the town is." - Famous Nigerian proverb
"One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised." - Chinua Achebe
www.allnigeria.com
Study and Scholarships
Nigerian Career Jobs

drtonik

Hello !

Wrote in since yesterday.

Anyone out there to answer me?

Hellooo !!!
"The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing." - Ben Okri
"The one being carried does not realize how far away the town is." - Famous Nigerian proverb
"One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised." - Chinua Achebe
www.allnigeria.com
Study and Scholarships
Nigerian Career Jobs

Iomega0318

From what I can tell YOU MUST Activate this under permissions..

I was looking for the permission somewhere else but it seems at least for me (SMF 2.0 RC1) it is under the wrong category in permissions..

I found it under ->"Carry out administrative duties" ->"Enable Ads"
Set it to Allow and they should see the Ads, I just tested it and it works for me..
World Be Heard Forum
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

drtonik

Thanks man.

Mine's working now.

Went to admin -> permissions -> modify for guests n then for members

thanks mate
www.allnigeria.com
Study and Scholarships
Nigerian Career Jobs

Iomega0318

Quote from: drtonik on May 23, 2009, 03:32:17 PM
Thanks man.

Mine's working now.

Went to admin -> permissions -> modify for guests n then for members

thanks mate

No problem, now I hope one of the devs sees this so they can fix that bug in 2.0!
World Be Heard Forum
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.