Coinbase

Author Topic: SQL #1064 - Sorry but please...  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Hensch

• Email
SQL #1064 - Sorry but please...
« on: April 25, 2009, 10:49:45 am »
Hi there and thx a lot for this very useful mod!

But im not really good in sql, in actual fact really a noob! So yesterday i try the hole day to install the ads manually to my smf but i cant figured out to run the query correctly to create smf_ads and smf_settings in my sql database!
It comes always the error message when i try to CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS or ALTER IGNORE TABLE:

Code: [Select]
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$smf_ads}ads ( ADS_ID mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, NAME tin' at line 1
Then i have read that xampp that im using is running with winmysql in version 4.x, and that didnt support ALTER or CREATE commands!? But in the meantime i have try the commands on different hostingsservices where i have some Database from other Websites, have try some tools for mysql and at least install mysql server 5.0 on my system and try to run the querys with the mysql tool query browser.

But nothings happen, always the same shit aka #1064 You have an error in sql syntax...

What im wondered is that the query that i found in this Thread have no problems and succeed but i dont know it makes the right entrys and the problem with the querys ALTER IGNORE TABLE always exists.

Hrhrhr, please please please can anybody give me a hint! I change the Database prefixes and use orig. the code. There are no mistakes or should i post the querys. Im at the point where i have no idea what thing next to try... :-[

Version: SMF 1.1.8
Install Intructions i have used

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:54:17 am by Hensch »

SMF Ads Support Forum

SQL #1064 - Sorry but please...
« on: April 25, 2009, 10:49:45 am »