Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Ad Mod on AnyWhere Theme

Started by gibsongk55, April 20, 2009, 11:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibsongk55

Hi,

After an unsuccessful attempt with this mod on DreamLike theme, I attempted to try another theme "AnyWhere".  Still cannot get this thing to load a template after the modification to code.  I don't understand why the forum cannot update themes only the default.  Is it that difficult to do?  Anyway I posted earlier about the dreamlike them and no response. I am hoping someone could help get this to work.  My last attempt here.

Thanks,

Gibs

Fragenstein

Don't see any themes named "AnyWhere". Is this the one anyWhere but Home ?

gibsongk55

Hi,
Yes that is the one.

Thanks,

Gibs

Fragenstein

You won't have full ad functionality placement, but try these (make sure You backup the originals)...

gibsongk55

Hey,

Thanks that worked great.  I tried to follow what you did for the dreamlike theme twice and still that won't work.  Dreamlike theme code is similar to the anywhere theme code.  I cannot understand why it won't work when i add the code in as you have.  If you wouldn't mind one more time for the dreamlike code.  I greatly appreciate it.

The dreamlike theme is here:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=599

Thanks again,

Gibs

Fragenstein

I'll have a look at it tomorrow night (Fri.)  ;)

gibsongk55

Great!! Thanks so much for your help and expertise!

Gibs

Fragenstein

gibsongk55

Hey Frag,

I uploaded the files but i get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'main' template.

Gibs

Fragenstein

gibsongk55

Hi,

Thanks, but that didn't work either.  Same error message.

Gibs

Fragenstein

Sorry but I can't find the problem. I checked both files with php syntax check and they were OK.

gibsongk55

the problem is in the boardindex.template file.  The index.template file alone works no problem.

Thanks,

Gibs

gibsongk55

Hey Frag,

I got it to work.  I compared the boardindex.template with the one you did for anywhere theme.  Only difference in the smfad code was that two of these '{'  where a little off in place or on the line above.  I changed it to be identical and it works.  Doesn't change anything the way the code should work like you said.  Geez smf sure is picky and touchy.  Crazy no wonder i had so much trouble.  Thanks again for all your help.  I really appreciate it.

Gibs

Fragenstein

Good job! Most times You just have to play around with it a little bit. I'm surprised the syntax checker didn't find the discrepancy...