News:

Version 3.5 has been released. Visit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255 to get the most up to date version.

Main Menu
Coinbase

is ad managment working for rc2.1 or not?

Started by jbinbi, April 13, 2009, 09:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbinbi

I upgraded smf to rc2.1 by mistake. I have a very simple board. I noticed that 2-3-4beta is supposed to support rc2.1 . I think I have successfully installed this version. It says it worked ok. It has a little green lite next to in in 'installed packages or 2.3.4.

However, no ads are showing. Before I go crazy trying to debug this, can someone tell me if this combination can work? And if so, any reason why ads are not showing? I have nothing in which boards should ad display in, display ads within post, and display ads after categories. I do have type set to html (google ads) and diplay ads on every bpage belolw menu.

Thanks.

ccbtimewiz

jbinbi

was running smf 1.07, then updated. made mistake of not changing pulldown menu for 1,18 vs 2.0. just clicked and let it go. same with ad management. am a newbie. don't even know how to change a theme. do you mean on smf? i assume it's default.

still, my question is still, 'does smf 2.0rc1 support ad man? and if so, why are my ads not showing? thanks for any help

arjanhs

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on April 14, 2009, 06:26:33 PM
Are you using the default theme?

I'm using the default theme with 2.0 RC1 and can confirm that the adds aren't working with this version and theme.