Previous topic - Next topic

bigguy

coiso

Quote from: bigguy on September 06, 2006, 11:46:12 AM
Try this Display.template.php file:
Nop.
I got the same error:

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/theme/Display.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../Themes/theme/Display.template.php on line 754

745:    </tr>
746: </table>';
747:
748:       if ($context['show_spellchecking'])
749:          echo '
750: <form action="', $scripturl, '?action=spellcheck" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" name="spell_form" id="spell_form" target="spellWindow"><input type="hidden" name="spellstring" value="" /></form>';
751:    }
752: }
753:
754: ?>     <<<<---------------------------------------- error here?
755:

bigguy

There shouldn't be a problem with that at all. hmmm, I'll have to look at it more closely. Do the ads work everywhere else ??? If they do you could always use the original Display.template.php for now while I try to work on this. It has to be something simple.

coiso

Yep. In the index it works great!
Only doenst work when i try to see a post :(

bigguy

Ok, replace the broken Display.template.php file with a clean one and see if your forum works. If it does use it that way for now and I will take a look at this later today if I have time.

coiso

Yeah with the clean Display.template.php the forum works fine and it only display the ads in the index forum.

Thank you for your help

moonrock

Hi BigGuy,

I get this error on my index.template.php of Ancient and Rusted template

QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/Ancient_and_Rusted/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\).

every other modifications work fine except this one.
can you help ?

attached is the original index.template.php

i got the error in the very first change to this particular file.
maybe you can tell me why? cos i got the same error when modifying other template too!
i want to learn!

<file name="$themedir/index.template.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[<body>';]]></search>

<add><![CDATA[
//Display ads on the top of the page
$ads = show_topofpageAds();
if(!empty($ads))
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
unset($ads);
]]>
</add>

bigguy

Are you using TP ??? If not don't upload this. If you are it should work fine.

coiso

Hi,

Sorry to bother but i still have this error:

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/theme/Display.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../Themes/theme/Display.template.php on line 754

745:    </tr>
747:
748:       if ($context['show_spellchecking'])
749:          echo '
750: <form action="', $scripturl, '?action=spellcheck" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" name="spell_form" id="spell_form" target="spellWindow"><input type="hidden" name="spellstring" value="" /></form>';
751:    }
753:
[b]754: ?>     <<<<---------------------------------------- error here?[/b]
755:

Do you have any ideia why?

the theme is SlickPro Graphite.

http://themes.simplemachines.org/index.php?lemma=116

Thank you.

moonrock

Quote from: bigguy on September 12, 2006, 10:32:00 AM
Are you using TP ??? If not don't upload this. If you are it should work fine.

no. i'm not using TP. can I still use it ?
if not, i can try to install TP

bigguy

No it should work for you. I was talking about that index.template.php file in my last post. The ad mod should work for you if you wish to install it.

bigguy

If you can get the template files to me, unedited I will try to add the ad code to it.

Quote from: coiso on September 15, 2006, 04:06:33 PM
Hi,

Sorry to bother but i still have this error:

Template Parse Error!

745:    </tr>
747:
748:       if ($context['show_spellchecking'])
749:          echo '
751:    }
753:
[b]754: ?>     <<<<---------------------------------------- error here?[/b]
755:

Do you have any ideia why?

the theme is SlickPro Graphite.

http://themes.simplemachines.org/index.php?lemma=116

Thank you.

coiso

Quote from: bigguy on September 18, 2006, 08:20:18 PM
If you can get the template files to me, unedited I will try to add the ad code to it.

Hi,
Sure!
Files are attached!

Thank you very much!

bigguy

Ok try these and see if they work. Zip file attached.

coiso

Quote from: bigguy on September 19, 2006, 05:32:34 PM
Ok try these and see if they work. Zip file attached.
Im a big pain in the *** lol

No errors. Display.template.php Works in all positions except the the most important: Display ads within posts
lol  :(

Im using PHP5 not sure if it makes any diference...

Thank you