News:

Help keep this project going by donating or buying adseller pro

Main Menu
Coinbase

Edits for ad_mod_rc2_v2 for themes other than default

Started by bigguy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cholo

that's just the thing though, the mod didn't install right. Isn't that why this thread gives instructions on how to manually edit the code to get the ad management mod to work right on custom themes? Maybe I'm just not understanding something. Sorry if I'm being a pain taking up all this space.

bigguy

Your not being a pain at all. This is what we are here for. Yes that is why this thread is here, so you can add the edits yourself. All these edits were taken from the install.xml file of the mod itself. Which if it is a default install will install seamlessly into the default theme. Add the edits to the "display.template.php" file as required. You should be fine.

Cholo

Alright thanks bigguy. I'll be going back and making sure I did the edits right on the Dilber MC templates, and then I'll go ahead and do the edits to the default theme's display.template file. Thanks.      But I still don't know why I have the "error_log". Any ideas?

Cholo

It's weird..     I go to Themes and Layout, Modify Themes, Dilber MC.  Right there in my list of templates and files, there's "error_log", but it's in black- it's not a link to anything, it's just there. I'll get you a screen shot if you think it would help.

Cholo

Well, since I'm still not understanding screenshots (haha), hopefully this will do:

images   
languages   
BoardIndex.template.php                   August 11, 2006, 07:23:47 PM 22.65 KB
DilberMC.xml                                   July 18, 2006, 01:00:23 PM 6.67 KB
error_log                                        July 18, 2006, 09:16:58 PM 459 B
index.php                                       July 18, 2006, 10:07:22 PM 217 B
index.template.php                          August 12, 2006, 02:22:53 AM 37.29 KB
MessageIndex.template.php               July 18, 2006, 10:07:56 PM 25.58 KB
package-info.xml                             July 18, 2006, 01:00:25 PM 781 B
readme.txt                                     July 18, 2006, 01:00:26 PM 598 B
Settings.template.php                      July 18, 2006, 10:07:56 PM 6.57 KB
style.css 

Everything I can click on and go to a file, except "error_log"- it just shows up in bold.

bigguy

That`s not were the error log is though. The errors I was referring to show up in the admin panel down at the bottom under "Maintenance" click on "Forum error log"

Cholo

Oh, I can show you those if you want. This was the error I was talking about though. Is that ok to have that "error_log" there where all the template files are?

Cholo

And this is the error I get when I try that 2nd edit - the "</td>" edit:

"The file you tried to save generated the following error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting ',' or ';' in index.template.php on line 247"

I just tried it on a test forum with no mods except the "PM on registration" mod.

bigguy

Ok, Have you sent me your template files yet ??? If not post them here and I will get to them tonight I hope.

Cholo

I haven't done that yet. I can go ahead and do that today. Thanks again for all your help. You're very cool 8) . But seriously, thanks for the help.

Cholo

Here they are. Sorry for the wait. If you need anything else, let me know.

bigguy

Did you only get the error on the Index.template.php file. ??? I`ll try that one first.